Nokia Lumia 636 vs. HTC Desire X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 4, 2014 12:03 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia Lumia 636 or the HTC Desire X, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A man plays with a HTC Desire smartphone at a mobile phone shop in Taipei August 15, 2011. HTC, the world's No. 5 smartphone maker, said on Monday it would triple its China outlets to 2,000 by end of this year from 650 now. The company, one of the largest manufacturers of Google's Android-based devices, is embroiled in an acrimonious patent war with Apple, and is also seeing its rapid growth slow in an increasingly competitive market. REUTERS/Pichi Chuang
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The HTC Desire X comes with a 4-inch Super LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Lumia 636 has 218 ppi pixels display density compared to the 233 ppi pixels display density on the Desire X.
The Nokia Lumia 636 measures 129.95 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The HTC Desire X is comparatively smaller, narrower and lighter. The device measures 118.5 x 62.3 x 9.3 mm and weighs 114 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 636 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire X is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 636 runs on the Windows 8.1 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The HTC Desire X runs on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which can be upgraded to the Jelly Bean version. The device has 768 MB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Lumia 636 has a slight edge.
The Nokia Lumia 636 sports a 5 MP camera and does not feature a secondary camera. The HTC Desire X sports a 5 MP camera and also does not feature a secondary camera.
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with a 1830 mAh Li-Ion battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G. The HTC Desire X comes with a Li-Ion 1650 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 636 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $199.95 and the HTC Desire X is priced at around AU $179.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
HTC One E8 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown