LG G2 Mini vs. Sony Xperia SP Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 4, 2014 11:53 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G2 Mini or the Sony Xperia SP, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
The LG company logo is seen following an event during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES ) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
Display and Design
The LG G2 Mini comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a 4.6-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Xperia SP is the clear winner in this category with 319 ppi pixels display density compared to the 234 ppi pixels display density on the LG G2 Mini.
The LG G2 Mini measures 129.6 x 66 x 9.8 mm and weighs 121 grams. The Sony Xperia SP has similar dimensions but is comparatively heavier. The device measures 130.6 x 67.1 x 10 mm and weighs 155 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G2 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia SP is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 Mini runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Sony Xperia SP runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The LG G2 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Sony Xperia SP sports an 8 MP primary camera on autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The LG G2 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 2440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2370 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G2 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the Sony Xperia SP 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $259.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Sony Xperia C3 vs. Xperia T2 Ultra Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’