LG G2 Mini vs. Sony Xperia SP Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 4, 2014 11:53 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G2 Mini or the Sony Xperia SP, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
The LG company logo is seen following an event during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES ) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
Display and Design
The LG G2 Mini comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a 4.6-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Xperia SP is the clear winner in this category with 319 ppi pixels display density compared to the 234 ppi pixels display density on the LG G2 Mini.
The LG G2 Mini measures 129.6 x 66 x 9.8 mm and weighs 121 grams. The Sony Xperia SP has similar dimensions but is comparatively heavier. The device measures 130.6 x 67.1 x 10 mm and weighs 155 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G2 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia SP is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core Krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960T Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G2 Mini runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Sony Xperia SP runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The LG G2 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Sony Xperia SP sports an 8 MP primary camera on autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The LG G2 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 2440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia SP comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2370 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G2 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the Sony Xperia SP 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $259.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Sony Xperia C3 vs. Xperia T2 Ultra Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report