'Aquaman' Release Date, Warner Bros. Confirms Solo Movie
By Tanya Diente | September 4, 2014 11:25 AM EST
Warner Bros. may have indirectly revealed that 'Aquaman' is finally happening and will come to theatres in 2016.
According to Movieweb, the studio has registered a domain URL dedicated to the solo movie along with other three DC comic book movie adaptation titles. Below are the reported URLs which, when clicked, links directly to the Warner Bros. Web site.
Cast member Jason Momoa arrives at the film premiere of "Conan the Barbarian" in Los Angeles, California August 11, 2011.
The site claims the first three movie titles were previously reported back in June along with their rumoured release dates. When Warner Bros. announced its plan of releasing six untitled DC movie lineups from 2016 to 2018, a few were quick to speculate the titles of these movies.
The site initially claimed "Justice League" will be released in May 2017. However, it was updated to an unknown month in 2018. Meanwhile, "Shazam," which reportedly stars Dwayne Johnson, is rumoured for a release in July 2016 and "Wonder Woman" in July 2017. "Aquaman," on the other hand, wasn't on the initial list of reported DC movies' release dates. But the site claimed it could come to theatres in 2016.
As previously mentioned by International Business Times, Jason Momoa has been rumoured to play the role of "Aquaman." However, the actor have insistently denied the speculations. Likewise, two movie scripts are reportedly being worked on for the movie adaptation.
Warner Bros. has reportedly hired screenwriters Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad to each write a script for the solo movie. Called "dual tracks," this technique would, according to IBTimes, help the studio reveal a release date for the movie even while still being produced. It would eventually also allow Warner Bros. to add in titles to its DC movie lineup.
There have been rumours that "Aquaman" may appear in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." When movie director Zack Snyder defended the aquatic hero live on Detroit's 97.1 radio show, fans were reportedly quick to speculate a cameo.
The radio hosts were reportedly being too hard on the character, questioning his capabilities. So the director was quick to defend calling him "super strong." Snyder said Aquaman is capable of defeating Superman with his powerful trident, which could cut through his flesh upon contact.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates