'Aquaman' Release Date, Warner Bros. Confirms Solo Movie
By Tanya Diente | September 4, 2014 11:25 AM EST
Warner Bros. may have indirectly revealed that 'Aquaman' is finally happening and will come to theatres in 2016.
According to Movieweb, the studio has registered a domain URL dedicated to the solo movie along with other three DC comic book movie adaptation titles. Below are the reported URLs which, when clicked, links directly to the Warner Bros. Web site.
Cast member Jason Momoa arrives at the film premiere of "Conan the Barbarian" in Los Angeles, California August 11, 2011.
The site claims the first three movie titles were previously reported back in June along with their rumoured release dates. When Warner Bros. announced its plan of releasing six untitled DC movie lineups from 2016 to 2018, a few were quick to speculate the titles of these movies.
The site initially claimed "Justice League" will be released in May 2017. However, it was updated to an unknown month in 2018. Meanwhile, "Shazam," which reportedly stars Dwayne Johnson, is rumoured for a release in July 2016 and "Wonder Woman" in July 2017. "Aquaman," on the other hand, wasn't on the initial list of reported DC movies' release dates. But the site claimed it could come to theatres in 2016.
As previously mentioned by International Business Times, Jason Momoa has been rumoured to play the role of "Aquaman." However, the actor have insistently denied the speculations. Likewise, two movie scripts are reportedly being worked on for the movie adaptation.
Warner Bros. has reportedly hired screenwriters Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad to each write a script for the solo movie. Called "dual tracks," this technique would, according to IBTimes, help the studio reveal a release date for the movie even while still being produced. It would eventually also allow Warner Bros. to add in titles to its DC movie lineup.
There have been rumours that "Aquaman" may appear in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." When movie director Zack Snyder defended the aquatic hero live on Detroit's 97.1 radio show, fans were reportedly quick to speculate a cameo.
The radio hosts were reportedly being too hard on the character, questioning his capabilities. So the director was quick to defend calling him "super strong." Snyder said Aquaman is capable of defeating Superman with his powerful trident, which could cut through his flesh upon contact.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage