'The Sims 4' New Patch Fix Crashes On Build Mode, Create-A-Sim, Errors With Babies And More
By Ryan Inoyori | September 4, 2014 10:57 AM EST
EA Games and Maxis sent out the very first patch of the "The Sims 4" to address several known issues related to the most common functions of the game.
Official Game Patch For 'The Sims 4'
An update patch has been released by EA for "The Sims 4" that fixes more than ten issues affecting common gaming experience to players. Here are the full details posted by the developer at the official game site:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create-A-Sim that could occur after players lock and unlock the computer.
- Fixed an issue with "Shine on Men's Suit," "Glitter and Abs," "Big Hat of Shame," "Star-Spangled Glass" and the "Tiki Bar" not remembering unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states. The Reaper still loves you, but he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
o Players can now exit the Build Mode when not at home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
o Game no longer hangs if players attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
o Splitting and merging households no longer result in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
o Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household dies.
o Babies no longer multiply if left in the household inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mod from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create-A-Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow players to modify the face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects via the "shift + [,]" cheat that are shared to the Gallery will now remember the enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the library.
'The Sims 4' Minimum System Requirements
"The Sims 4" supports laptop gaming mode as noted at the official support site and can be found at the in-game options. Minimum system requirements for the game include an Internet connection for Origin account and product activation, Windows XP up to Windows 8.1, 2 GB of RAM, 10 GB internal storage space for contents, DirectX 9.0c and 128 MB of video RAM with Pixel Shader 3.0 support.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories