'The Sims 4' New Patch Fix Crashes On Build Mode, Create-A-Sim, Errors With Babies And More
By Ryan Inoyori | September 4, 2014 10:57 AM EST
EA Games and Maxis sent out the very first patch of the "The Sims 4" to address several known issues related to the most common functions of the game.
Official Game Patch For 'The Sims 4'
An update patch has been released by EA for "The Sims 4" that fixes more than ten issues affecting common gaming experience to players. Here are the full details posted by the developer at the official game site:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create-A-Sim that could occur after players lock and unlock the computer.
- Fixed an issue with "Shine on Men's Suit," "Glitter and Abs," "Big Hat of Shame," "Star-Spangled Glass" and the "Tiki Bar" not remembering unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states. The Reaper still loves you, but he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
o Players can now exit the Build Mode when not at home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
o Game no longer hangs if players attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
o Splitting and merging households no longer result in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
o Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household dies.
o Babies no longer multiply if left in the household inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mod from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create-A-Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow players to modify the face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects via the "shift + [,]" cheat that are shared to the Gallery will now remember the enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the library.
'The Sims 4' Minimum System Requirements
"The Sims 4" supports laptop gaming mode as noted at the official support site and can be found at the in-game options. Minimum system requirements for the game include an Internet connection for Origin account and product activation, Windows XP up to Windows 8.1, 2 GB of RAM, 10 GB internal storage space for contents, DirectX 9.0c and 128 MB of video RAM with Pixel Shader 3.0 support.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks