‘Minecraft’ Xbox One And PS4 Edition Release Dates Announced By Devs, Achievements Revealed
By Gel Galang | September 4, 2014 10:15 AM EST
The long wait is over. "Minecraft" finally goes into the next-gen territory as the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" and "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" have now both been dated for release.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ Shows Off More Plot Details, Split Screen and PS4, Xbox One Bundle Updates
Announced over the Xbox Wire, the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" will be made available on the Xbox Store on Sept. 5. Those who have already been playing "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" will have the added bonus of an upgrade program.
This means that if you have a copy of the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition," you only need to pay to upgrade your copy to the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition." For everyone else, the next-gen title will be available for But the price is already a great deal of its own, as all of the downloadable content that you purchased on the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" can be redownloaded to the Xbox One version without any additional payments.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) September 3, 2014
Gamerant, on the other hand, reports that the "Minecraft PS4 Edition: has appeared on the PlayStation Store briefly, with its digital version appearing on the mobile store. According to the source, trying to click on the item to make a purchase will give you an error page, meaning it was not yet ready to be released to the public yet.
But afterwards, PlayStation France did confirm that "Minecraft PS4 Edition" should hit retail sometime this week. Considering that the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" was submitted for certification first makes it appear odd that it does not have any announcements yet on when it will be released.
Interestingly though, Exophase, a website known to track and find Achievements for games, has already listed the trophies that can be attained for the "Minecraft PS4 Edition." There is a total of 51 trophies listed, some of which include the following:
- Taking inventory (Open your inventory)
- Benchmarking (Craft a workbench with four blocks of wooden planks)
- Time to Mine! (Use planks and sticks to make a pickaxe)
- Acquire Hardware (Smelt an iron ingot)
- The Lie (Bake a cake using wheat, sugar, milk and eggs!)
- Monster Hunter (Attack and destroy a monster)
- Zombie Doctor (Cure a zombie villager)
- Lion Tamer Tame an Ocelot)
- Archer (Kill a creeper with arrows)
As for the "Minecraft PS Vita Edition" there are no clues as to the release date as of the moment, but 4J Studios' surprise to Sony friends may also be pertaining to this.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar