Xiaomi Mi4 Rival ‘Meizu MX4’ At $293 To Sport 20.7 MP Sony Camera, 3100-mAh Battery, Octa-Core SoC, 4G LTE And More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | September 4, 2014 10:04 AM EST
The upcoming Meizu MX4 is a killer smartphone that comes packed with high-end features at nominal price range. Many devices from China are making waves across the globe with Xiaomi Mi4 being the pioneer in getting good traction. However, China's Meizu Mx4 is the brand new smartphone to look out for. It is worth mentioning that, Meizu created world's first smartphone with 128 GB of in-built storage.
The Meizu MX4 has recently been launched in China, and it is now available for pre-order. When it comes to specifications, the MX4 features a 5.36-inch display complemented by 1,920 x 1,152 pixels screen resolution and 418 ppi pixel density. Even though it was rumoured to come with Samsung's powerful Exynos processor, the company settled for a MediaTek SoC. Specifically, the handset is powered by an octa-core (MediaTek MT6595) processor with a combination of four Cortex-A17 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and four Cortex-A7 cores clocked 1.7 GHz, according to Phone Arena.
Also, the Meizu MX4 runs on Android v4.4.4 KitKat OS along with Meizu's Flyme 4.0 UI on top of it. In addition, the phone is backed by a good 2 GB of RAM. Apart from the standard connectivity options, the handset also supports 4G. Furthermore, the phone is powered by a killer 3,100 mAh battery unit similar to the high-end Sony Xperia Z2. The handset has a premium look aided by the aluminium chassis. Also, it is 8.9 mm thick and weighs 147 g. This means, the screen-to-body percentage stands at 75.5%. This is a killer ratio for the price range.
As far as the memory goes, the phone come in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB variants with microSD card slot for expansion. The MX4 sports the incredible Sony Exmor RS 20.7 MP rear-facing camera unit that bundles f/2.2 aperture, focus time of 0.3 seconds, capable of taking 25 FPS burst shot in addition to supporting 4K video recording. Moreover, the handset comes reportedly with True Tone flash that is capable of reproducing natural colours. Also, this device houses a 2 MP Sony shooter with the same f/2.2 aperture at the front.
The Meizu MX4 is priced at $293 equivalent in China for a 16 GB model, while the 32 GB and 64 GB models can be purchased for $325 and $390 equivalents respectively. Notably, the Xiaomi Mi4 is the direct competition for Meizu MX4 with its killer Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and better RAM configuration. And the Xiaomi device costs only a tad more than the MX4.
3. Moto G2 (At $214) vs. Moto G - Early Specifications And Price Comparison- [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James