64GB Variant Nexus5 to Launch Along With The Nexus X
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 9:17 AM EST
Speculation regarding the launch of the Google Nexus Smartphone was doing the rounds. Google is introducing a new storage model of the Nexus along with Nexus 6 and Nexus X with the intention to prolong the battery life of the Nexus 5. Sources from TK Tech News have stated that the Google Nexus 5, the flagship Smartphone with its excellent specifications will have an added 64 GB storage space. Nexus is a good phone with an additional 64 GB space and an affordable price that would increase its market value, though the device is almost a year old. At present, the device is being sold for $324.99 for the 16GB variant on eBay, which is $25 drop in the original price, on Google Playstore it is available for $ 400. The slashing of the prices would be usually when the company wants to exhaust its stocks or when they are going to launch a new device. This budget friendly Smartphone would become popular with android lovers and will be in par with its competitors.
A model demonstrates a Nexus One smartphone, the first mobile phone Google will sell directly to consumers based on its Android platform, after a news conference at Google headquarters in Mountain View, California January 5, 2010. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
The 64 GB Nexus 5 will be launched along with Nexus X in late October or early November, according to various rumours. Google was in collaboration with Motorola and are coming up with a device that supposedly has a codename "Shamu" or Nexus X. This device will be manufactured by Motorola. The display of the Nexus X will be 5.2 inches or 5.9 inches. Rumours are that both the screen sizes will be launched. The larger screen would be a better option for good viewing and navigation.
According to leaked Antutu benchmark the information regarding the Nexus X state that the device will have a 5.2 inch QHD 2560 x 1440 display, 13 megapixel rear camera and a 2.1 megapixel front camera, with the upcoming Android L that will be preinstalled in the device. With a 3 GB RAM the device will be powered by the Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor and all graphical needs will be taken care of by Android 5.0.L. The device is rumoured to cost around $ 550.
Before the unveiling of the device, there will be many rumours and speculations doing the rounds. The course of action would be to wait and watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit