64GB Variant Nexus5 to Launch Along With The Nexus X
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 9:17 AM EST
Speculation regarding the launch of the Google Nexus Smartphone was doing the rounds. Google is introducing a new storage model of the Nexus along with Nexus 6 and Nexus X with the intention to prolong the battery life of the Nexus 5. Sources from TK Tech News have stated that the Google Nexus 5, the flagship Smartphone with its excellent specifications will have an added 64 GB storage space. Nexus is a good phone with an additional 64 GB space and an affordable price that would increase its market value, though the device is almost a year old. At present, the device is being sold for $324.99 for the 16GB variant on eBay, which is $25 drop in the original price, on Google Playstore it is available for $ 400. The slashing of the prices would be usually when the company wants to exhaust its stocks or when they are going to launch a new device. This budget friendly Smartphone would become popular with android lovers and will be in par with its competitors.
A model demonstrates a Nexus One smartphone, the first mobile phone Google will sell directly to consumers based on its Android platform, after a news conference at Google headquarters in Mountain View, California January 5, 2010. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
The 64 GB Nexus 5 will be launched along with Nexus X in late October or early November, according to various rumours. Google was in collaboration with Motorola and are coming up with a device that supposedly has a codename "Shamu" or Nexus X. This device will be manufactured by Motorola. The display of the Nexus X will be 5.2 inches or 5.9 inches. Rumours are that both the screen sizes will be launched. The larger screen would be a better option for good viewing and navigation.
According to leaked Antutu benchmark the information regarding the Nexus X state that the device will have a 5.2 inch QHD 2560 x 1440 display, 13 megapixel rear camera and a 2.1 megapixel front camera, with the upcoming Android L that will be preinstalled in the device. With a 3 GB RAM the device will be powered by the Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor and all graphical needs will be taken care of by Android 5.0.L. The device is rumoured to cost around $ 550.
Before the unveiling of the device, there will be many rumours and speculations doing the rounds. The course of action would be to wait and watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best