Kim Kardashian to be Paid $85 Million: The Mobile App Hollywood a Super Hit
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 8:59 AM EST
The famous reality television personality, Kimberly Kardashian "Kim" West debuts in a game that was launched three months ago. The actress will spin millions of dollars from her app.
Kanye West wants his 34-years old wife to quite the reality show./File photo/Reuters/Carlo Allegri
Based on her life the game has become a surprise hit. The buzz is that by introducing famous Hollywood Star, block buster hit movies and television hit series into games, developers of smartphones and tablets would make large profits.
In the video game that has become a sensation, players meet a beautiful stranger at a bar. They have to choose between flirting with the damsel or go about their work.
The main strategy of the game is for the player to become rich and famous from a no body. The player has to climb the ladder to success of a Hollywood food chain. Basically, it is a rag to riches story.
According to the tracking firm AppAnnie, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is in the top 5 game list in the iPhone app store and top 10 in the Google Play Store. Estimation says that it will gross $200 million to $234 million by the coming summer making it the top mobile app game.
Many consoles and computer video games were inspired by blockbusters and television shows. The success of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is a door to a new trend in mobile gaming.
The mobile game app was created by Glu Games, their chief executive Niccolo de Masi said, "In Hollywood, when they are losing the predictability of things like the DVD business, there is an unparalleled opportunity to get into the gaming business."
Market research done by IDC has estimated spending on video games could rise in the U.S. to $30 billion by 2020.
The IDC gaming analyst Lewis Ward said that entertainment oriented companies have to develop trans-media. He was referring to the collaboration between movies and gaming.
Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is the first app solely based on an individual. Other apps that had sprinter Usain Bolt and singer Jennifer Lopez did not see the kind of success the Kardashian app is enjoying.
The simplicity of the app has gained popularity among its users. Kim Kardashian West regularly appears in the game. The app is free but in-app purchases to buy glamorous virtual clothes and energy booster along with pop-up advertisement are the revenue generators.
Cowen & Co analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Kardashian will receive 50 per cent of the game profit. She would be paid $85 million at the end of the year by the app. Forbes estimates this amount to be more than she earns from any other source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build