Kim Kardashian to be Paid $85 Million: The Mobile App Hollywood a Super Hit
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 8:59 AM EST
The famous reality television personality, Kimberly Kardashian "Kim" West debuts in a game that was launched three months ago. The actress will spin millions of dollars from her app.
Kanye West wants his 34-years old wife to quite the reality show./File photo/Reuters/Carlo Allegri
Based on her life the game has become a surprise hit. The buzz is that by introducing famous Hollywood Star, block buster hit movies and television hit series into games, developers of smartphones and tablets would make large profits.
In the video game that has become a sensation, players meet a beautiful stranger at a bar. They have to choose between flirting with the damsel or go about their work.
The main strategy of the game is for the player to become rich and famous from a no body. The player has to climb the ladder to success of a Hollywood food chain. Basically, it is a rag to riches story.
According to the tracking firm AppAnnie, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is in the top 5 game list in the iPhone app store and top 10 in the Google Play Store. Estimation says that it will gross $200 million to $234 million by the coming summer making it the top mobile app game.
Many consoles and computer video games were inspired by blockbusters and television shows. The success of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is a door to a new trend in mobile gaming.
The mobile game app was created by Glu Games, their chief executive Niccolo de Masi said, "In Hollywood, when they are losing the predictability of things like the DVD business, there is an unparalleled opportunity to get into the gaming business."
Market research done by IDC has estimated spending on video games could rise in the U.S. to $30 billion by 2020.
The IDC gaming analyst Lewis Ward said that entertainment oriented companies have to develop trans-media. He was referring to the collaboration between movies and gaming.
Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is the first app solely based on an individual. Other apps that had sprinter Usain Bolt and singer Jennifer Lopez did not see the kind of success the Kardashian app is enjoying.
The simplicity of the app has gained popularity among its users. Kim Kardashian West regularly appears in the game. The app is free but in-app purchases to buy glamorous virtual clothes and energy booster along with pop-up advertisement are the revenue generators.
Cowen & Co analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Kardashian will receive 50 per cent of the game profit. She would be paid $85 million at the end of the year by the app. Forbes estimates this amount to be more than she earns from any other source.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports