Samsung Galaxy Note 4: The Things You Need To Know Before the Review.
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 8:42 AM EST
After lot of speculation and rumours the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 at last makes it to the IFA 2014 in Berlin. Before reviewing the phablet these are the thing that you need to know about the device.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
The screen has 2k resolution
The Note 4 has a display size of 5.7 inches same as its previous versions with a super AMOLED retina with a LG G3 matching 2,560 x 1,440 2K resolution. This gives it an ultrahigh resolution of 515p that gives detailed images, stunning colours and sharp text.
The design is premium
The Leather back gives it a premium look with a metal band around the edges. The 8.5mm thickness gives it a sleek and slim look. This one is going to make a style statement. The back cover is removable and it has a 3,220mAh battery and a slot for a micro SD card.
The Note 3 took perfect photos in any condition the Note 4 will beat it with its 16 megapixels and optical image stabilization. This device will be able to take better photographs in low light.
The device is power packed
With a Qualcomm 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor the Galaxy Note 4 will be faster than the Note 3 and other variants of the device like the LG G3, HTC One (M8) and Sony Xperia Z2. It also has a 3 GB RAM.
It is more power efficient
The 805 Adreno 420 GPU is more powerful than the 801 making it more power efficient with the S5 LTE-A and performs the 1080p S5 battery life test. The Note 4 will last for more than a day in battery life.
The S Pen is more sensitive
The S Pen is two times sensitive with speed and pressure and even the angle of the stroke and the thickness of the scrawl. It has new features to highlight text and select a number of photos while holding the function button and dragging it across. It also includes the options of a fountain pen and the calligraphy pen.
The Note 4 has 3 Microphones
With three microphones its noise cancellation is very good and it isolates individual voices in noisy rooms. It also has voice recording.
It has a heart rate sensor and fingerprint scanner that will help track the pulse during a workout and also help unlock the phone with a tap of the finger. It is the first device that has UV sensors that will warn users of too much sun.
The Gear VR
The Note 4 has a VR headset on the basis of the Oculus Rift hardware. The Gear VR has different controls; touchpad, a back key, forward and backward keys including an accelerometer, gyro and compass sensors. The Note 4 is the screen of the Gear VR.
The Note 4 is a beautifully crafted phone with outstanding features that will place it higher than the rest of the smartphones in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots