Samsung Galaxy Note 4: The Things You Need To Know Before the Review.
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 8:42 AM EST
After lot of speculation and rumours the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 at last makes it to the IFA 2014 in Berlin. Before reviewing the phablet these are the thing that you need to know about the device.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
The screen has 2k resolution
The Note 4 has a display size of 5.7 inches same as its previous versions with a super AMOLED retina with a LG G3 matching 2,560 x 1,440 2K resolution. This gives it an ultrahigh resolution of 515p that gives detailed images, stunning colours and sharp text.
The design is premium
The Leather back gives it a premium look with a metal band around the edges. The 8.5mm thickness gives it a sleek and slim look. This one is going to make a style statement. The back cover is removable and it has a 3,220mAh battery and a slot for a micro SD card.
The Note 3 took perfect photos in any condition the Note 4 will beat it with its 16 megapixels and optical image stabilization. This device will be able to take better photographs in low light.
The device is power packed
With a Qualcomm 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor the Galaxy Note 4 will be faster than the Note 3 and other variants of the device like the LG G3, HTC One (M8) and Sony Xperia Z2. It also has a 3 GB RAM.
It is more power efficient
The 805 Adreno 420 GPU is more powerful than the 801 making it more power efficient with the S5 LTE-A and performs the 1080p S5 battery life test. The Note 4 will last for more than a day in battery life.
The S Pen is more sensitive
The S Pen is two times sensitive with speed and pressure and even the angle of the stroke and the thickness of the scrawl. It has new features to highlight text and select a number of photos while holding the function button and dragging it across. It also includes the options of a fountain pen and the calligraphy pen.
The Note 4 has 3 Microphones
With three microphones its noise cancellation is very good and it isolates individual voices in noisy rooms. It also has voice recording.
It has a heart rate sensor and fingerprint scanner that will help track the pulse during a workout and also help unlock the phone with a tap of the finger. It is the first device that has UV sensors that will warn users of too much sun.
The Gear VR
The Note 4 has a VR headset on the basis of the Oculus Rift hardware. The Gear VR has different controls; touchpad, a back key, forward and backward keys including an accelerometer, gyro and compass sensors. The Note 4 is the screen of the Gear VR.
The Note 4 is a beautifully crafted phone with outstanding features that will place it higher than the rest of the smartphones in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Don’t Mess Up Minecraft: Ten Year Old Sabrina Tells Microsoft
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone