Samsung Galaxy Note 4: The Things You Need To Know Before the Review.
By Merlyn D'costa | September 4, 2014 8:42 AM EST
After lot of speculation and rumours the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 at last makes it to the IFA 2014 in Berlin. Before reviewing the phablet these are the thing that you need to know about the device.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
The screen has 2k resolution
The Note 4 has a display size of 5.7 inches same as its previous versions with a super AMOLED retina with a LG G3 matching 2,560 x 1,440 2K resolution. This gives it an ultrahigh resolution of 515p that gives detailed images, stunning colours and sharp text.
The design is premium
The Leather back gives it a premium look with a metal band around the edges. The 8.5mm thickness gives it a sleek and slim look. This one is going to make a style statement. The back cover is removable and it has a 3,220mAh battery and a slot for a micro SD card.
The Note 3 took perfect photos in any condition the Note 4 will beat it with its 16 megapixels and optical image stabilization. This device will be able to take better photographs in low light.
The device is power packed
With a Qualcomm 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor the Galaxy Note 4 will be faster than the Note 3 and other variants of the device like the LG G3, HTC One (M8) and Sony Xperia Z2. It also has a 3 GB RAM.
It is more power efficient
The 805 Adreno 420 GPU is more powerful than the 801 making it more power efficient with the S5 LTE-A and performs the 1080p S5 battery life test. The Note 4 will last for more than a day in battery life.
The S Pen is more sensitive
The S Pen is two times sensitive with speed and pressure and even the angle of the stroke and the thickness of the scrawl. It has new features to highlight text and select a number of photos while holding the function button and dragging it across. It also includes the options of a fountain pen and the calligraphy pen.
The Note 4 has 3 Microphones
With three microphones its noise cancellation is very good and it isolates individual voices in noisy rooms. It also has voice recording.
It has a heart rate sensor and fingerprint scanner that will help track the pulse during a workout and also help unlock the phone with a tap of the finger. It is the first device that has UV sensors that will warn users of too much sun.
The Gear VR
The Note 4 has a VR headset on the basis of the Oculus Rift hardware. The Gear VR has different controls; touchpad, a back key, forward and backward keys including an accelerometer, gyro and compass sensors. The Note 4 is the screen of the Gear VR.
The Note 4 is a beautifully crafted phone with outstanding features that will place it higher than the rest of the smartphones in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage