2014 US Open Quarterfinals: Andy Murray vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2014 3:54 AM EST
Top seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia gets his first real test of the 2014 US Open when he meets Andy Murray of Great Britain in the quarterfinals of the tennis grand slam tournament in Flushing Meadows, New York.
Andy Murray of Britain serves to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France during their match at the 2014 U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, September 1, 2014.
The pair will meet for the 21st time in their respective careers with Djokovic holding the 12-to-8 edge in their head-to-head match-ups.
Murray vs. Djokovic – Last 5 Matches (Djokovic Leads Murray, 4-1)
Djokovic def. Murray, 7-5, 6-3 (Quarterfinals, 2014 ATP World Tour Masters Miami)
Murray def. Djokovic, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 (Final, 2013 Wimbledon Championships)
Djokovic def. Murray, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-2 (Final, 2013 Australian Open)
Djokovic def. Murray, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 (Round Robin, 2012 ATP World Tour Finals Great Britain)
Djokovic def. Murray, 5-7, 7-6 (11), 6-3 (Final, ATP World Tour Masters Shanghai)
While Djokovic has won four of the last five matches, Murray got a big one off the Serbian by winning the Wimby title in 2013. Djokovic did beat Murray at the 2013 Australian Open. Murray is also the only player, along with Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) to crash the “Big Three” party of Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer by winning the 2013 Aussie Open and the 2012 US Open.
On the way to the quarterfinals, Murray defeated Robin Haase (Netherlands), 6-3, 7-6 (6), 1-6, 7-5 in the first round; Matthias Bachinger (Germany), 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 in the second round; Andrey Kuznetsov (Russia), 6-1, 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 in the third round; and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France), 7-5, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Meanwhile, Murray beat Diego Schwartzman (Argentina), 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round; Paul-Henri Mathieu (France), 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 in the second round; Sam Querrey (USA), 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 in the third round and Phillip Kohlscheiber (Germany), 6-1, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Can Murray beat Djokovic in another major? Will Djokovic prove that his last two minor tournaments exit were flukes?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch