2014 US Open Quarterfinals: Andy Murray vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2014 3:54 AM EST
Top seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia gets his first real test of the 2014 US Open when he meets Andy Murray of Great Britain in the quarterfinals of the tennis grand slam tournament in Flushing Meadows, New York.
Andy Murray of Britain serves to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France during their match at the 2014 U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, September 1, 2014.
The pair will meet for the 21st time in their respective careers with Djokovic holding the 12-to-8 edge in their head-to-head match-ups.
Murray vs. Djokovic – Last 5 Matches (Djokovic Leads Murray, 4-1)
Djokovic def. Murray, 7-5, 6-3 (Quarterfinals, 2014 ATP World Tour Masters Miami)
Murray def. Djokovic, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 (Final, 2013 Wimbledon Championships)
Djokovic def. Murray, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-2 (Final, 2013 Australian Open)
Djokovic def. Murray, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 (Round Robin, 2012 ATP World Tour Finals Great Britain)
Djokovic def. Murray, 5-7, 7-6 (11), 6-3 (Final, ATP World Tour Masters Shanghai)
While Djokovic has won four of the last five matches, Murray got a big one off the Serbian by winning the Wimby title in 2013. Djokovic did beat Murray at the 2013 Australian Open. Murray is also the only player, along with Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) to crash the “Big Three” party of Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer by winning the 2013 Aussie Open and the 2012 US Open.
On the way to the quarterfinals, Murray defeated Robin Haase (Netherlands), 6-3, 7-6 (6), 1-6, 7-5 in the first round; Matthias Bachinger (Germany), 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 in the second round; Andrey Kuznetsov (Russia), 6-1, 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 in the third round; and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France), 7-5, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Meanwhile, Murray beat Diego Schwartzman (Argentina), 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round; Paul-Henri Mathieu (France), 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 in the second round; Sam Querrey (USA), 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 in the third round and Phillip Kohlscheiber (Germany), 6-1, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Can Murray beat Djokovic in another major? Will Djokovic prove that his last two minor tournaments exit were flukes?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy