2014 US Open Quarterfinals: Andy Murray vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2014 3:54 AM EST
Top seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia gets his first real test of the 2014 US Open when he meets Andy Murray of Great Britain in the quarterfinals of the tennis grand slam tournament in Flushing Meadows, New York.
Andy Murray of Britain serves to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France during their match at the 2014 U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, September 1, 2014.
The pair will meet for the 21st time in their respective careers with Djokovic holding the 12-to-8 edge in their head-to-head match-ups.
Murray vs. Djokovic – Last 5 Matches (Djokovic Leads Murray, 4-1)
Djokovic def. Murray, 7-5, 6-3 (Quarterfinals, 2014 ATP World Tour Masters Miami)
Murray def. Djokovic, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 (Final, 2013 Wimbledon Championships)
Djokovic def. Murray, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-2 (Final, 2013 Australian Open)
Djokovic def. Murray, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 (Round Robin, 2012 ATP World Tour Finals Great Britain)
Djokovic def. Murray, 5-7, 7-6 (11), 6-3 (Final, ATP World Tour Masters Shanghai)
While Djokovic has won four of the last five matches, Murray got a big one off the Serbian by winning the Wimby title in 2013. Djokovic did beat Murray at the 2013 Australian Open. Murray is also the only player, along with Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) to crash the “Big Three” party of Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer by winning the 2013 Aussie Open and the 2012 US Open.
On the way to the quarterfinals, Murray defeated Robin Haase (Netherlands), 6-3, 7-6 (6), 1-6, 7-5 in the first round; Matthias Bachinger (Germany), 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 in the second round; Andrey Kuznetsov (Russia), 6-1, 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 in the third round; and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France), 7-5, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Meanwhile, Murray beat Diego Schwartzman (Argentina), 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round; Paul-Henri Mathieu (France), 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 in the second round; Sam Querrey (USA), 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 in the third round and Phillip Kohlscheiber (Germany), 6-1, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Can Murray beat Djokovic in another major? Will Djokovic prove that his last two minor tournaments exit were flukes?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James