2014 US Open Quarterfinals: Andy Murray vs. Novak Djokovic Live Streaming and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2014 3:54 AM EST
Top seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia gets his first real test of the 2014 US Open when he meets Andy Murray of Great Britain in the quarterfinals of the tennis grand slam tournament in Flushing Meadows, New York.
Andy Murray of Britain serves to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France during their match at the 2014 U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, September 1, 2014.
The pair will meet for the 21st time in their respective careers with Djokovic holding the 12-to-8 edge in their head-to-head match-ups.
Murray vs. Djokovic – Last 5 Matches (Djokovic Leads Murray, 4-1)
Djokovic def. Murray, 7-5, 6-3 (Quarterfinals, 2014 ATP World Tour Masters Miami)
Murray def. Djokovic, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 (Final, 2013 Wimbledon Championships)
Djokovic def. Murray, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (3), 6-3, 6-2 (Final, 2013 Australian Open)
Djokovic def. Murray, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 (Round Robin, 2012 ATP World Tour Finals Great Britain)
Djokovic def. Murray, 5-7, 7-6 (11), 6-3 (Final, ATP World Tour Masters Shanghai)
While Djokovic has won four of the last five matches, Murray got a big one off the Serbian by winning the Wimby title in 2013. Djokovic did beat Murray at the 2013 Australian Open. Murray is also the only player, along with Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) to crash the “Big Three” party of Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer by winning the 2013 Aussie Open and the 2012 US Open.
On the way to the quarterfinals, Murray defeated Robin Haase (Netherlands), 6-3, 7-6 (6), 1-6, 7-5 in the first round; Matthias Bachinger (Germany), 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 in the second round; Andrey Kuznetsov (Russia), 6-1, 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 in the third round; and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France), 7-5, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Meanwhile, Murray beat Diego Schwartzman (Argentina), 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round; Paul-Henri Mathieu (France), 6-1, 6-3, 6-0 in the second round; Sam Querrey (USA), 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 in the third round and Phillip Kohlscheiber (Germany), 6-1, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.
Can Murray beat Djokovic in another major? Will Djokovic prove that his last two minor tournaments exit were flukes?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS