Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Wedding: How Kanye Saved The Day With New Bridesmaid Dresses
By Christine Jane Caparras | September 3, 2014 9:30 PM EST
Kim Kardashian had her hands full and then some in the days leading up to her wedding to Kanye West. Everything was documented in the season finale of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and while the pictures that came out in May were perfect, the series revealed the nitty-gritty and all the hurdles that the couple had to cross before their date at the altar. One big issue that came up was the dissatisfaction of the entire wedding entourage, with their dresses.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
Kim had decided to take care of all the details and all the wedding planning so that she could keep track of everything and have everything under control. This decision meant that she also took care of ordering the dresses for her entourage, which composed of her mom, Kris Jenner as well as her sisters Kourtney, Khloe, Kendall and Kylie. When the family arrived in Paris a few days before the wedding, everyone went in to fit their dresses. Kim was distraught to see that the girls were not into their dresses. First of all, Kourtney, who had not yet revealed to the public that she was pregnant, had a problem with the way the dress fit. Everyone else had some issue or another, with either the design or with the fit of the dress.
Kanye West was very hands-on with the fitting and openly commented, as well. He agreed with the girls and also felt that some adjustments were needed. Kim didn't want to feel distraught but was disappointed that her wedding planning had hit another bump. The girls were all sports and everyone decided to make do with what they had anyway and just focus on the big event.
The girls were in for a surprise when Kanye came through for everyone and had a whole set of new dresses delivered the very next day. Everyone was pleasantly surprised and Khloe commented that the new dress was a hundred times better than the first one. Despite the massive improvement, there was still some disagreement about whether or not the dress should have a slit or not. In the end, Kanye put his foot down and decided that it was better to go for a more modest design and declared: "No slit."
In the end, everyone was happy and despite some hair issues with Bruce and his ponytail and Kylie's blue hair, everyone looked picture perfect and the wedding happened, without a hitch.
The girls can be seen in their news dresses in a photo posted by Kourtney on her Instagram page. The girls seem to be listening to Kanye, with rapt attention. He looks like is addressing them before his wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899