Reddit Launches Ask Me Anything (AMA) Mobile App For iOs Platform, Denzel Washington To Be Next Celebrity For AMA
By nidhi tewari | September 3, 2014 9:10 PM EST
Reddit, a platform where people can post and discuss anything from nude celebrity photos to mathematical equations, has launched its Ask Me Anything (AMA) application for iOs platform. The official Reddit AMA app is expected to arrive on Android later this week.
An Apple iPhone is shown with the Beejive IM (instant messaging) software during "CES Unveiled," a media preview event, at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 5, 2010.
Currently, AMA app is available for free from the iOS App Store. It is compatible with the iPhone and requires iOS 7. With this service, nearly 133 million Reddit users can explore the previous interesting AMA interviews, including the ones with President Barack Obama, Madonna and other celebrities.
The application allows users to ask the celebrities the questions of their choice. Reddit AMA's have even indulged scientists and engineers that work on NASA's Mars Curiosity Rover in their interviews. So far, President Barack Obama's chat session has been the most popular AMA of all times. The upcoming AMA application is expected to feature Hollywood actor Denzel Washington.
The design of the AMA's mobile application too is simple and uncluttered, as compared to the Reddit website. On the main Reddit website, a user has to scroll through lengthy threads of questions and comments to find the answers of their favourite celebrity. Comparatively, the mobile app is cleaner and user-friendly. With just a swipe of hand from left to right, a user can distinguish and pick between "answered" questions versus "asked" questions.
"We want to make it easier for new users to join Reddit and experience all the awesome content. That's part of the overall goal of becoming a more mature company," Ellen Pao, who runs business strategy of Reddit, said to Variety.
"We're excited and happy to grow but we've never been super proactive about it, it's always been done organically. Now it's time to be more proactive and grow," she added.
Moreover, the company is also planning to launch more mobile based apps in future to earn revenues from mobile users. In 2011, the company tried its hand at launching a mobile application but it failed due to technical glitches. Reddit revealed that it will continue to collaborate with third-party developers to achieve their targeted growth in mobile segment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues