Reddit Launches Ask Me Anything (AMA) Mobile App For iOs Platform, Denzel Washington To Be Next Celebrity For AMA
By nidhi tewari | September 3, 2014 9:10 PM EST
Reddit, a platform where people can post and discuss anything from nude celebrity photos to mathematical equations, has launched its Ask Me Anything (AMA) application for iOs platform. The official Reddit AMA app is expected to arrive on Android later this week.
An Apple iPhone is shown with the Beejive IM (instant messaging) software during "CES Unveiled," a media preview event, at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 5, 2010.
Currently, AMA app is available for free from the iOS App Store. It is compatible with the iPhone and requires iOS 7. With this service, nearly 133 million Reddit users can explore the previous interesting AMA interviews, including the ones with President Barack Obama, Madonna and other celebrities.
The application allows users to ask the celebrities the questions of their choice. Reddit AMA's have even indulged scientists and engineers that work on NASA's Mars Curiosity Rover in their interviews. So far, President Barack Obama's chat session has been the most popular AMA of all times. The upcoming AMA application is expected to feature Hollywood actor Denzel Washington.
The design of the AMA's mobile application too is simple and uncluttered, as compared to the Reddit website. On the main Reddit website, a user has to scroll through lengthy threads of questions and comments to find the answers of their favourite celebrity. Comparatively, the mobile app is cleaner and user-friendly. With just a swipe of hand from left to right, a user can distinguish and pick between "answered" questions versus "asked" questions.
"We want to make it easier for new users to join Reddit and experience all the awesome content. That's part of the overall goal of becoming a more mature company," Ellen Pao, who runs business strategy of Reddit, said to Variety.
"We're excited and happy to grow but we've never been super proactive about it, it's always been done organically. Now it's time to be more proactive and grow," she added.
Moreover, the company is also planning to launch more mobile based apps in future to earn revenues from mobile users. In 2011, the company tried its hand at launching a mobile application but it failed due to technical glitches. Reddit revealed that it will continue to collaborate with third-party developers to achieve their targeted growth in mobile segment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2