Demi Lovato Vs. Cyber Bullies: Furious Demi Stands Up Against Cyber Bullies Who Make Fun Of Her Sister's Physical Disability
By nidhi tewari | September 3, 2014 8:33 PM EST
Demi Lovato has stood up against the Internet bullies who have made fun of her half-sister, Madison De La Garza, because of her physical disability. The incident came into picture when a video grab from Madison's Vine account was posted on Twitter. The video shows Maddie in the act of cooking something and the caption simply reads "Chef Maddie, everyone."
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
In the video, Maddie looks completely immersed in her cooking, as she puts some ingredients in the pan. In the process her back gets exposed to the camera. [Check out the video here]. Demi revealed in her Twitter account that her sister suffers from scoliosis -- a medical condition that makes the spine curved from side to side. Some of the insensitive bunch of people called Maddie by various names on Twitter, including "hunchback" and made fun of her appearance.
This infuriated Demi and she posted a series of angry Tweets on her Twitter page, blasting the cyberbullies. The 22-year-old said that she can tolerate when anyone bullies her on cyber space as she is a celebrity but when it comes to her "baby sister" she will give it back to anyone who does that.
Demi reportedly sent direct messages to all the people who posted nasty comments about her 12-year-old sister and told them to "shut the f--- up." She reiterated the fact that physical disability is something that is not in person's control and no one should make fun of anyone's condition, as it can possibly lead to extreme steps like "suicide" by the victim of bullying.
"Physical disabilities are NOTHING to joke about. SEVERE SCOLIOSIS IS NOTHING TO MAKE FUN OF," said Demi in one of her Tweets. She added that her sister had done nothing to any of those cyber bullies so she should not be made fun of too. Demi further called Maddie as "beautiful" and assured her that she will always be there to "protect" her. Check out few of her Tweets below:
— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) September 1, 2014
For anyone telling me to "chill".. The impact bullies have over the internet can lead people to suicide. I ... http://t.co/SbLRdbdQED — Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) September 1, 2014
"#MADISONISBEAUTIFUL" and "#FeelBetterMaddie" started trending on Twitter after Demi's angry outburst. She urged her "true lovatos" (true fans of Demi Lovato) to support her sister by Tweeting against cyber bullying. Many of Demi's fans showed their support to Maddison by cheering her up after the incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MRI Footage Shows What Sex And Other Activities Looks Like From The Inside[Watch Video]
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- Ebola Virus Outbreak Origin Traced To Bats – Report
- Demi Lovato Battled Bulimia and Negative Body Image: Turns into Role Model For Many; Her Diet and Fitness Routine
- Beyonce Reveals Snaps Of Naked Baby Bump While She Was Expecting Blue Ivy; How She Lost Her Pregnancy Weight [Watch Video]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4