Instagram And Facebook More Harmful Than Smoking Weed: Miley Cyrus
By Afza Fathima | September 3, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Former Disney star Miley Cyrus has been very open about her love for drugs and in November 2013, she lit up a joint onstage at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Amsterdam.
Anti-drug campaigners have put her under the spotlight for posting images of her indulging in her drug habits on Twitter and Instagram. She recently posted a picture of a giant bong that brought in a lot of criticisms, reported Chron.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square in New York, December 31, 2013.
She told Australia's Channel Seven during an interview on the show Sunday Night that she isn't going to lie that she did put up pictures of her smoking weed on Instagram because she was brought up with the thought that marijuana wasn't bad.
She said that she didn't promote drug usage in her songs nor is she asking a bunch of kids to indulge in it. She explained that she wasn't putting herself on a pedestal and shouting to the world that she is an example. She believes that the only thing she is an example of is freedom.
She added that what actually hurts the brain are googling oneself, using Instagram and reading comments on Facebook. She said that she has a 14-year-old sister and when she goes through her comments, people call her sister a slut which is hurting the brain. She noted that nasty comments on the Internet are more harmful than pictures of her taking drugs.
A few years ago, during an interview with Rolling Stones magazine, she said, "I think weed is the best drug on earth. One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon. Hollywood is a coke town, but weed is so much better. And molly, too. Those are happy drugs - social drugs. They make you want to be with friends. You're out in the open. You're not in a bathroom. I really don't like coke. It's so gross and so dark. It's like what are you, from the '90s? Ew."
Lately, her drug use hasn't been on the tabloids. At the VMAs, she brought a homeless guy along with her as her date to show homelessness awareness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola News Regarding Wortham's Kindergarterners Infected is False, Angry Reactions
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Ebola Is Changing The Religious Landscape In West Africa
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu