Instagram And Facebook More Harmful Than Smoking Weed: Miley Cyrus
By Afza Fathima | September 3, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Former Disney star Miley Cyrus has been very open about her love for drugs and in November 2013, she lit up a joint onstage at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Amsterdam.
Anti-drug campaigners have put her under the spotlight for posting images of her indulging in her drug habits on Twitter and Instagram. She recently posted a picture of a giant bong that brought in a lot of criticisms, reported Chron.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square in New York, December 31, 2013.
She told Australia's Channel Seven during an interview on the show Sunday Night that she isn't going to lie that she did put up pictures of her smoking weed on Instagram because she was brought up with the thought that marijuana wasn't bad.
She said that she didn't promote drug usage in her songs nor is she asking a bunch of kids to indulge in it. She explained that she wasn't putting herself on a pedestal and shouting to the world that she is an example. She believes that the only thing she is an example of is freedom.
She added that what actually hurts the brain are googling oneself, using Instagram and reading comments on Facebook. She said that she has a 14-year-old sister and when she goes through her comments, people call her sister a slut which is hurting the brain. She noted that nasty comments on the Internet are more harmful than pictures of her taking drugs.
A few years ago, during an interview with Rolling Stones magazine, she said, "I think weed is the best drug on earth. One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon. Hollywood is a coke town, but weed is so much better. And molly, too. Those are happy drugs - social drugs. They make you want to be with friends. You're out in the open. You're not in a bathroom. I really don't like coke. It's so gross and so dark. It's like what are you, from the '90s? Ew."
Lately, her drug use hasn't been on the tabloids. At the VMAs, she brought a homeless guy along with her as her date to show homelessness awareness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- Ebola Vaccine Shows High Immune System Response In Early Tests; Australia Lifts Travel Ban on Congo
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Movember Ends With Shave-Off
- Viral 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' Video With Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Sam Smith Raises $1.5 Million For Ebola In Minutes
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast