Instagram And Facebook More Harmful Than Smoking Weed: Miley Cyrus
By Afza Fathima | September 3, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Former Disney star Miley Cyrus has been very open about her love for drugs and in November 2013, she lit up a joint onstage at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Amsterdam.
Anti-drug campaigners have put her under the spotlight for posting images of her indulging in her drug habits on Twitter and Instagram. She recently posted a picture of a giant bong that brought in a lot of criticisms, reported Chron.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square in New York, December 31, 2013.
She told Australia's Channel Seven during an interview on the show Sunday Night that she isn't going to lie that she did put up pictures of her smoking weed on Instagram because she was brought up with the thought that marijuana wasn't bad.
She said that she didn't promote drug usage in her songs nor is she asking a bunch of kids to indulge in it. She explained that she wasn't putting herself on a pedestal and shouting to the world that she is an example. She believes that the only thing she is an example of is freedom.
She added that what actually hurts the brain are googling oneself, using Instagram and reading comments on Facebook. She said that she has a 14-year-old sister and when she goes through her comments, people call her sister a slut which is hurting the brain. She noted that nasty comments on the Internet are more harmful than pictures of her taking drugs.
A few years ago, during an interview with Rolling Stones magazine, she said, "I think weed is the best drug on earth. One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon. Hollywood is a coke town, but weed is so much better. And molly, too. Those are happy drugs - social drugs. They make you want to be with friends. You're out in the open. You're not in a bathroom. I really don't like coke. It's so gross and so dark. It's like what are you, from the '90s? Ew."
Lately, her drug use hasn't been on the tabloids. At the VMAs, she brought a homeless guy along with her as her date to show homelessness awareness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Says In New Book That Meditation and Yoga Can Make You Rich
- Kids Whose Parents Went To College Eat Healthier, Study Finds
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown