Instagram And Facebook More Harmful Than Smoking Weed: Miley Cyrus
By Afza Fathima | September 3, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Former Disney star Miley Cyrus has been very open about her love for drugs and in November 2013, she lit up a joint onstage at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Amsterdam.
Anti-drug campaigners have put her under the spotlight for posting images of her indulging in her drug habits on Twitter and Instagram. She recently posted a picture of a giant bong that brought in a lot of criticisms, reported Chron.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during New Year's Eve celebrations at Times Square in New York, December 31, 2013.
She told Australia's Channel Seven during an interview on the show Sunday Night that she isn't going to lie that she did put up pictures of her smoking weed on Instagram because she was brought up with the thought that marijuana wasn't bad.
She said that she didn't promote drug usage in her songs nor is she asking a bunch of kids to indulge in it. She explained that she wasn't putting herself on a pedestal and shouting to the world that she is an example. She believes that the only thing she is an example of is freedom.
She added that what actually hurts the brain are googling oneself, using Instagram and reading comments on Facebook. She said that she has a 14-year-old sister and when she goes through her comments, people call her sister a slut which is hurting the brain. She noted that nasty comments on the Internet are more harmful than pictures of her taking drugs.
A few years ago, during an interview with Rolling Stones magazine, she said, "I think weed is the best drug on earth. One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon. Hollywood is a coke town, but weed is so much better. And molly, too. Those are happy drugs - social drugs. They make you want to be with friends. You're out in the open. You're not in a bathroom. I really don't like coke. It's so gross and so dark. It's like what are you, from the '90s? Ew."
Lately, her drug use hasn't been on the tabloids. At the VMAs, she brought a homeless guy along with her as her date to show homelessness awareness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: Ebola Spreads Through Sneeze and Cough Droplets And Toilet Seats
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- New Zealand Develops New Drug To Fight 'Superbugs'
- Australia Does Not Have Ebola Drug ZMapp And That Is Alright, Experts Say
- New Zealand PM Calls Homeopathic Remedy For Ebola 'Barking Mad'
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]