BlackBerry Reportedly Hold A Press Event on September 24: Passport Is Expected To Launch
By Patricia Marie Tayson | September 3, 2014 6:11 PM EST
On September 24, BlackBerry is reported to host an exclusive invite-only event that will be held in Toronto, London and Dubai, according to Inside BlackBerry. Although it did not mention about launching the BlackBerry Passport but with the tagline "See the bigger picture", it is believed that BlackBerry could officially launch the anticipated device on the event. Inside BlackBerry claims that it will be attending the said event along with a list of other guests coming from the press to provide the latest details on the BlackBerry event.
File Photo of A Canadian flag waves in front of a Blackberry logo at the Blackberry campus in Waterloo, September 23, 2013.
BlackBerry Passport will finally be launched on September 24, according to GSM Arena. Since the Canadian company is reported to be sending invites to the alleged launching event. This event is reported to be held in three different countries but the specific time is not provided yet and it is still unclear if BlackBerry will hold the event simultaneously in three different countries. GSM Arena expressed hopes for the Passport to have an appeal to its die hard BlackBerry fans.
Aside from BlackBerry teasers, there were a lot of leaks about the BlackBerry Passport. The leaks suggest that it could sport a 4.5-inch LCD display with 1440x1440 resolution and Gorilla Glass 3. It is also reported to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset that stands at 2.2GHz quad-core CPU. BlackBerry Passport is expected to have 3GB of RAM, having 32GB of built-in storage that has a support for microSD cards. It is expected to have a 13MP rear camera with OIS and a 2MP front camera. For its connectivity, passport is expected to have support for LTE bands, HSPA+, WiFi 802.11ac, bluetooth 4.0, GPS and NFC, according to GSM Arena. It is expected to have a battery capacity of up to 3,450 mAh. BlackBerry Passport's dimension is expected to be 128 x 90.3 x 9.3mm weighing 194.4g.
Although BlackBerry did not specifically announce anything about BlackBerry Passport, it was trying to build some excitement for its new phone and the tech media are expecting for the Passport to be launch on the event on September 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight