Prince William & Kate Middleton Loving The Country Life, Locals Leaving The Royals Alone
By Riza Ornos | September 3, 2014 5:03 PM EST
With the overwhelming media attention, Prince William and wife, Kate Middleton are loving the country life in Norfolk without the prying eyes of the paparazzi. Currently enjoying their one-month long vacation in Anmer Hall, the royal couple was spotted recently on a romantic date in King Head Hotel.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge stand amid the Tower of London's 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War One (WW1), in London August 5, 2014.
Sharing the same dessert, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are left alone by the locals as they shared some quality time together. Unlike the attention they get in London, the duo is treated like ordinary citizens and don't give them much attention.
"We see the royals around, but you don't acknowledge them, as it were. We just leave them, so they can be like everyone else," an anonymous source People magazine. "It's just how we are in Norfolk - we leave people alone. The royal family have been coming here for I don't know how many years, and I like the fact that they can come and just 'be' and do their own thing."
Based on reports, the Cambridges are making the country house their home base for the next two years with William taking a new job as a helicopter pilot. Kate is also keen on living in the 10-bedroom estate as she takes a breather from her endless public appearances.
Surrounded by friends in Norfolk, the country residence is an ideal place to raise their one-year-old son, Prince George. Trading their Kensington Palace apartment for the Queen's Sandringham estate, the couple is believed to spend some time with Queen Elizabeth while taking their vacation.
"Kensington Palace will be the Duke and Duchess's home for many years to come, including when he becomes Prince of Wales.I don't think we know for sure what will happen to Clarence House but I think we've always said Buckingham Palace will remain the monarch's residence," according to a royal aide in an interview with Express.
September is going to be a busy month for the couple as they are scheduled to visit Oxford University to open their Chinese Centre. Kate is also set to go on her first solo trip in Malta to represent the Queen for the country's 50th Independence Day celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2