Prince William & Kate Middleton Loving The Country Life, Locals Leaving The Royals Alone
By Riza Ornos | September 3, 2014 5:03 PM EST
With the overwhelming media attention, Prince William and wife, Kate Middleton are loving the country life in Norfolk without the prying eyes of the paparazzi. Currently enjoying their one-month long vacation in Anmer Hall, the royal couple was spotted recently on a romantic date in King Head Hotel.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge stand amid the Tower of London's 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War One (WW1), in London August 5, 2014.
Sharing the same dessert, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are left alone by the locals as they shared some quality time together. Unlike the attention they get in London, the duo is treated like ordinary citizens and don't give them much attention.
"We see the royals around, but you don't acknowledge them, as it were. We just leave them, so they can be like everyone else," an anonymous source People magazine. "It's just how we are in Norfolk - we leave people alone. The royal family have been coming here for I don't know how many years, and I like the fact that they can come and just 'be' and do their own thing."
Based on reports, the Cambridges are making the country house their home base for the next two years with William taking a new job as a helicopter pilot. Kate is also keen on living in the 10-bedroom estate as she takes a breather from her endless public appearances.
Surrounded by friends in Norfolk, the country residence is an ideal place to raise their one-year-old son, Prince George. Trading their Kensington Palace apartment for the Queen's Sandringham estate, the couple is believed to spend some time with Queen Elizabeth while taking their vacation.
"Kensington Palace will be the Duke and Duchess's home for many years to come, including when he becomes Prince of Wales.I don't think we know for sure what will happen to Clarence House but I think we've always said Buckingham Palace will remain the monarch's residence," according to a royal aide in an interview with Express.
September is going to be a busy month for the couple as they are scheduled to visit Oxford University to open their Chinese Centre. Kate is also set to go on her first solo trip in Malta to represent the Queen for the country's 50th Independence Day celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS