Prince William & Kate Middleton Loving The Country Life, Locals Leaving The Royals Alone
By Riza Ornos | September 3, 2014 5:03 PM EST
With the overwhelming media attention, Prince William and wife, Kate Middleton are loving the country life in Norfolk without the prying eyes of the paparazzi. Currently enjoying their one-month long vacation in Anmer Hall, the royal couple was spotted recently on a romantic date in King Head Hotel.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge stand amid the Tower of London's 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War One (WW1), in London August 5, 2014.
Sharing the same dessert, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are left alone by the locals as they shared some quality time together. Unlike the attention they get in London, the duo is treated like ordinary citizens and don't give them much attention.
"We see the royals around, but you don't acknowledge them, as it were. We just leave them, so they can be like everyone else," an anonymous source People magazine. "It's just how we are in Norfolk - we leave people alone. The royal family have been coming here for I don't know how many years, and I like the fact that they can come and just 'be' and do their own thing."
Based on reports, the Cambridges are making the country house their home base for the next two years with William taking a new job as a helicopter pilot. Kate is also keen on living in the 10-bedroom estate as she takes a breather from her endless public appearances.
Surrounded by friends in Norfolk, the country residence is an ideal place to raise their one-year-old son, Prince George. Trading their Kensington Palace apartment for the Queen's Sandringham estate, the couple is believed to spend some time with Queen Elizabeth while taking their vacation.
"Kensington Palace will be the Duke and Duchess's home for many years to come, including when he becomes Prince of Wales.I don't think we know for sure what will happen to Clarence House but I think we've always said Buckingham Palace will remain the monarch's residence," according to a royal aide in an interview with Express.
September is going to be a busy month for the couple as they are scheduled to visit Oxford University to open their Chinese Centre. Kate is also set to go on her first solo trip in Malta to represent the Queen for the country's 50th Independence Day celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots