Prince William & Kate Middleton Loving The Country Life, Locals Leaving The Royals Alone
By Riza Ornos | September 3, 2014 5:03 PM EST
With the overwhelming media attention, Prince William and wife, Kate Middleton are loving the country life in Norfolk without the prying eyes of the paparazzi. Currently enjoying their one-month long vacation in Anmer Hall, the royal couple was spotted recently on a romantic date in King Head Hotel.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge stand amid the Tower of London's 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red' poppy installation to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War One (WW1), in London August 5, 2014.
Sharing the same dessert, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are left alone by the locals as they shared some quality time together. Unlike the attention they get in London, the duo is treated like ordinary citizens and don't give them much attention.
"We see the royals around, but you don't acknowledge them, as it were. We just leave them, so they can be like everyone else," an anonymous source People magazine. "It's just how we are in Norfolk - we leave people alone. The royal family have been coming here for I don't know how many years, and I like the fact that they can come and just 'be' and do their own thing."
Based on reports, the Cambridges are making the country house their home base for the next two years with William taking a new job as a helicopter pilot. Kate is also keen on living in the 10-bedroom estate as she takes a breather from her endless public appearances.
Surrounded by friends in Norfolk, the country residence is an ideal place to raise their one-year-old son, Prince George. Trading their Kensington Palace apartment for the Queen's Sandringham estate, the couple is believed to spend some time with Queen Elizabeth while taking their vacation.
"Kensington Palace will be the Duke and Duchess's home for many years to come, including when he becomes Prince of Wales.I don't think we know for sure what will happen to Clarence House but I think we've always said Buckingham Palace will remain the monarch's residence," according to a royal aide in an interview with Express.
September is going to be a busy month for the couple as they are scheduled to visit Oxford University to open their Chinese Centre. Kate is also set to go on her first solo trip in Malta to represent the Queen for the country's 50th Independence Day celebration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones