Transfer News: Falcao Is Man Utd's Answer - Cristiano Ronaldo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 3, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Manchester United's last minute signing, Radamel Falcao, could be the answer to their woes early in the season.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The Red Devils were only able to find the back of the net twice in three Premier League outings in spite of boasting an attacking-line that has likes of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Perceived as fringe players, Louis van Gaal got rid of Danny Welbeck (sale to Arsenal) and Javier Hernandez (loan to Real Madrid).
Falcao is reported to have cost United from a minimum of £7million to a maximum of £24million, according to different sources, which is quite expensive for a temporary deal.
Nevertheless, former Old Trafford no. 7 is confident that the Colombian is worth every penny.
"He is very good player. I think Manchester did very well," said Ronaldo.
"I don't think he is the wrong type of player. He is a top player so I don't think it is a wrong buy."
"I think he will be a fantastic buy. Manchester have not started well, two points, so they need quality players and Falcao is a quality player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia