Transfer News: Falcao Is Man Utd's Answer - Cristiano Ronaldo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 3, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Manchester United's last minute signing, Radamel Falcao, could be the answer to their woes early in the season.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The Red Devils were only able to find the back of the net twice in three Premier League outings in spite of boasting an attacking-line that has likes of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Perceived as fringe players, Louis van Gaal got rid of Danny Welbeck (sale to Arsenal) and Javier Hernandez (loan to Real Madrid).
Falcao is reported to have cost United from a minimum of £7million to a maximum of £24million, according to different sources, which is quite expensive for a temporary deal.
Nevertheless, former Old Trafford no. 7 is confident that the Colombian is worth every penny.
"He is very good player. I think Manchester did very well," said Ronaldo.
"I don't think he is the wrong type of player. He is a top player so I don't think it is a wrong buy."
"I think he will be a fantastic buy. Manchester have not started well, two points, so they need quality players and Falcao is a quality player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Boxing News: WBC Announces Mandatory Fights For Each Division, WBC President Encourages Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight