Transfer News: Falcao Is Man Utd's Answer - Cristiano Ronaldo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 3, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Manchester United's last minute signing, Radamel Falcao, could be the answer to their woes early in the season.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The Red Devils were only able to find the back of the net twice in three Premier League outings in spite of boasting an attacking-line that has likes of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Perceived as fringe players, Louis van Gaal got rid of Danny Welbeck (sale to Arsenal) and Javier Hernandez (loan to Real Madrid).
Falcao is reported to have cost United from a minimum of £7million to a maximum of £24million, according to different sources, which is quite expensive for a temporary deal.
Nevertheless, former Old Trafford no. 7 is confident that the Colombian is worth every penny.
"He is very good player. I think Manchester did very well," said Ronaldo.
"I don't think he is the wrong type of player. He is a top player so I don't think it is a wrong buy."
"I think he will be a fantastic buy. Manchester have not started well, two points, so they need quality players and Falcao is a quality player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar