Transfer News: Falcao Is Man Utd's Answer - Cristiano Ronaldo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 3, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Manchester United's last minute signing, Radamel Falcao, could be the answer to their woes early in the season.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The Red Devils were only able to find the back of the net twice in three Premier League outings in spite of boasting an attacking-line that has likes of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Perceived as fringe players, Louis van Gaal got rid of Danny Welbeck (sale to Arsenal) and Javier Hernandez (loan to Real Madrid).
Falcao is reported to have cost United from a minimum of £7million to a maximum of £24million, according to different sources, which is quite expensive for a temporary deal.
Nevertheless, former Old Trafford no. 7 is confident that the Colombian is worth every penny.
"He is very good player. I think Manchester did very well," said Ronaldo.
"I don't think he is the wrong type of player. He is a top player so I don't think it is a wrong buy."
"I think he will be a fantastic buy. Manchester have not started well, two points, so they need quality players and Falcao is a quality player."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast