‘General Hospital’ Casting Spoilers: Former ‘The Young And The Restless’ Star Billy Miller To Play Jason Morgan
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 3, 2014 4:05 PM EST
It is confirmed "General Hospital" is set to welcome "The Young and the Restless" star and Emmy winner Billy Miller to play Jason Morgan. Executive producer of "General Hospital" Frank Valentini confirmed the news and tweeted to Ron Carlivati, head writer about Miller joining the cast of the show.
— Frank Valentini (@valentinifrank) September 2, 2014
.@valentinifrank @GeneralHospital Wow, that is huge. #GH #IBetterStartWriting — Ron Carlivati (@carlivatiron) September 2, 2014
Billy Miller is a veteran actor in the daily soap business and three-time winner of Daytime Emmy. He is set to join former "The Young and the Restless" actors Marci Rylan, Michelle Stafford and Maura West in "General Hospital."
Miller will be joining the show at an interesting point. His character Morgan was presumed to be dead. However, Morgan's body was never recovered. Now, Morgan will be back and it will be an interesting twist. It has to be seen how this new angle will affect other characters in "General Hospital" who believed that Morgan is dead.
In a statement, Valentini expressed his excitement about Billy Miller joining "General Hospital" as Jason Morgan.
"I am really excited to be working with such a talented and acclaimed actor as Billy," Valentini said (via TVLine).
"Our cast is thrilled that he will be joining our General Hospital family, and I know that he will be an amazing addition to our talented cast," Valentini added.
Steve Burton, another Emmy winner, previously portrayed Morgan. Steve Burton is now in "The Young and the Restless" playing the character of Dylan McAvoy.
In 2010 and 2014, Miller bagged Outstanding Supporting in a Drama Series and this year he took home the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
Share your views about former "The Young and the Restless" star Billy Miller joining the show as Jason Morgan.
Stay tuned for more "General Hospital" spoilers and updates.
"General Hospital" episodes air Monday to Friday on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports