‘General Hospital’ Casting Spoilers: Former ‘The Young And The Restless’ Star Billy Miller To Play Jason Morgan
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 3, 2014 4:05 PM EST
It is confirmed "General Hospital" is set to welcome "The Young and the Restless" star and Emmy winner Billy Miller to play Jason Morgan. Executive producer of "General Hospital" Frank Valentini confirmed the news and tweeted to Ron Carlivati, head writer about Miller joining the cast of the show.
— Frank Valentini (@valentinifrank) September 2, 2014
.@valentinifrank @GeneralHospital Wow, that is huge. #GH #IBetterStartWriting — Ron Carlivati (@carlivatiron) September 2, 2014
Billy Miller is a veteran actor in the daily soap business and three-time winner of Daytime Emmy. He is set to join former "The Young and the Restless" actors Marci Rylan, Michelle Stafford and Maura West in "General Hospital."
Miller will be joining the show at an interesting point. His character Morgan was presumed to be dead. However, Morgan's body was never recovered. Now, Morgan will be back and it will be an interesting twist. It has to be seen how this new angle will affect other characters in "General Hospital" who believed that Morgan is dead.
In a statement, Valentini expressed his excitement about Billy Miller joining "General Hospital" as Jason Morgan.
"I am really excited to be working with such a talented and acclaimed actor as Billy," Valentini said (via TVLine).
"Our cast is thrilled that he will be joining our General Hospital family, and I know that he will be an amazing addition to our talented cast," Valentini added.
Steve Burton, another Emmy winner, previously portrayed Morgan. Steve Burton is now in "The Young and the Restless" playing the character of Dylan McAvoy.
In 2010 and 2014, Miller bagged Outstanding Supporting in a Drama Series and this year he took home the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
Share your views about former "The Young and the Restless" star Billy Miller joining the show as Jason Morgan.
Stay tuned for more "General Hospital" spoilers and updates.
"General Hospital" episodes air Monday to Friday on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report