Charlize Theron Knows She's Flawed
By Annie Dee | September 3, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Charlize Theron is not hung up on being perfect. She knows she's flawed and she's willing to the embrace all these imperfections. Just a year more before she hits her big 4-0, the actress looks nothing short of beautiful and sexy. Still, Charlize does not believe she has the perfect body, even though she's perfectly happy with how it looks.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
In the September issue of Modern Luxury, the 39-year-old actress admits she does not have the perfect body. "I'm always finding things I can work on, but I definitely have reached a point where I feel comfortable and happy with the way my body looks," she said.
Still, her body is hardly a concern for her and it is not a cause of insecurities she might have, if she has any. This is because she's very comfortable with herself.
"I like to think I am a woman who is comfortable [with] and celebratory of my strengths ... and indulges in the qualities that make me feel beautiful," shares the "Dark Places" star. The star even said she does not count her calories. She enjoys and loves eating. Charlize stays in good shape by being active, particularly through her spin classes.
Charlize earlier already said that women in their 40s should not feel insecure. She shared that it's in the 40s when women are really in the "true moment of their sensuality." Even though she rose to fame in her 20s as well, the veteran actress also said that it's ironic that the beauty industry is too focused on the 20s, when they have no strong concept of what life, wisdom and therefore, real beauty is yet. In addition, the actress also said that she does not like living like the typical Hollywood actresses do, being unaware of real life issues. She hates living in a dream world even if her work allows her to.
"I really love having an awareness. I don't want to live in a world with blinders on. I don't want to live in a world where I just kind of play on my naïveté - well if I don't know it, then it doesn't exist," she shares.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone