Charlize Theron Knows She's Flawed
By Annie Dee | September 3, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Charlize Theron is not hung up on being perfect. She knows she's flawed and she's willing to the embrace all these imperfections. Just a year more before she hits her big 4-0, the actress looks nothing short of beautiful and sexy. Still, Charlize does not believe she has the perfect body, even though she's perfectly happy with how it looks.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
In the September issue of Modern Luxury, the 39-year-old actress admits she does not have the perfect body. "I'm always finding things I can work on, but I definitely have reached a point where I feel comfortable and happy with the way my body looks," she said.
Still, her body is hardly a concern for her and it is not a cause of insecurities she might have, if she has any. This is because she's very comfortable with herself.
"I like to think I am a woman who is comfortable [with] and celebratory of my strengths ... and indulges in the qualities that make me feel beautiful," shares the "Dark Places" star. The star even said she does not count her calories. She enjoys and loves eating. Charlize stays in good shape by being active, particularly through her spin classes.
Charlize earlier already said that women in their 40s should not feel insecure. She shared that it's in the 40s when women are really in the "true moment of their sensuality." Even though she rose to fame in her 20s as well, the veteran actress also said that it's ironic that the beauty industry is too focused on the 20s, when they have no strong concept of what life, wisdom and therefore, real beauty is yet. In addition, the actress also said that she does not like living like the typical Hollywood actresses do, being unaware of real life issues. She hates living in a dream world even if her work allows her to.
"I really love having an awareness. I don't want to live in a world with blinders on. I don't want to live in a world where I just kind of play on my naïveté - well if I don't know it, then it doesn't exist," she shares.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks