Charlize Theron Knows She's Flawed
By Annie Dee | September 3, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Charlize Theron is not hung up on being perfect. She knows she's flawed and she's willing to the embrace all these imperfections. Just a year more before she hits her big 4-0, the actress looks nothing short of beautiful and sexy. Still, Charlize does not believe she has the perfect body, even though she's perfectly happy with how it looks.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
In the September issue of Modern Luxury, the 39-year-old actress admits she does not have the perfect body. "I'm always finding things I can work on, but I definitely have reached a point where I feel comfortable and happy with the way my body looks," she said.
Still, her body is hardly a concern for her and it is not a cause of insecurities she might have, if she has any. This is because she's very comfortable with herself.
"I like to think I am a woman who is comfortable [with] and celebratory of my strengths ... and indulges in the qualities that make me feel beautiful," shares the "Dark Places" star. The star even said she does not count her calories. She enjoys and loves eating. Charlize stays in good shape by being active, particularly through her spin classes.
Charlize earlier already said that women in their 40s should not feel insecure. She shared that it's in the 40s when women are really in the "true moment of their sensuality." Even though she rose to fame in her 20s as well, the veteran actress also said that it's ironic that the beauty industry is too focused on the 20s, when they have no strong concept of what life, wisdom and therefore, real beauty is yet. In addition, the actress also said that she does not like living like the typical Hollywood actresses do, being unaware of real life issues. She hates living in a dream world even if her work allows her to.
"I really love having an awareness. I don't want to live in a world with blinders on. I don't want to live in a world where I just kind of play on my naïveté - well if I don't know it, then it doesn't exist," she shares.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists