Charlize Theron Knows She's Flawed
By Annie Dee | September 3, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Charlize Theron is not hung up on being perfect. She knows she's flawed and she's willing to the embrace all these imperfections. Just a year more before she hits her big 4-0, the actress looks nothing short of beautiful and sexy. Still, Charlize does not believe she has the perfect body, even though she's perfectly happy with how it looks.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
In the September issue of Modern Luxury, the 39-year-old actress admits she does not have the perfect body. "I'm always finding things I can work on, but I definitely have reached a point where I feel comfortable and happy with the way my body looks," she said.
Still, her body is hardly a concern for her and it is not a cause of insecurities she might have, if she has any. This is because she's very comfortable with herself.
"I like to think I am a woman who is comfortable [with] and celebratory of my strengths ... and indulges in the qualities that make me feel beautiful," shares the "Dark Places" star. The star even said she does not count her calories. She enjoys and loves eating. Charlize stays in good shape by being active, particularly through her spin classes.
Charlize earlier already said that women in their 40s should not feel insecure. She shared that it's in the 40s when women are really in the "true moment of their sensuality." Even though she rose to fame in her 20s as well, the veteran actress also said that it's ironic that the beauty industry is too focused on the 20s, when they have no strong concept of what life, wisdom and therefore, real beauty is yet. In addition, the actress also said that she does not like living like the typical Hollywood actresses do, being unaware of real life issues. She hates living in a dream world even if her work allows her to.
"I really love having an awareness. I don't want to live in a world with blinders on. I don't want to live in a world where I just kind of play on my naïveté - well if I don't know it, then it doesn't exist," she shares.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid