Wesley Snipes Served With Lawsuit For Owing $103K --- Report
By Tanya Diente | September 3, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Wesley Snipes was reportedly served with legal papers relating to his tax evasion case during the premiere of "The Expendables 3" in Hollywood last week.
Cast member Wesley Snipes attends the premiere of the film "The Expendables 3" in Los Angeles August 11, 2014.
Radar Online posted a photo proving the actor was presented with legal documents during his walk down the red carpet. He was reportedly all smiles while promoting his comeback movie. However, that smile soon faded on his way to the film's after-party.
The site claims someone approached and handed Wesley Snipes with summons requesting his appearance for a debtor's examination. The actor is reportedly being sued by a PR firm, Sitrick & Company, for his failure to furnish payment for the group's work done when he faced felony tax evasion charges before.
The court documents reportedly requested the actor to "furnish information to aid in enforcement of a money judgment." It also revealed the amount the actor owes the firm, totaling to $103,000. Additionally, the cour documents stated Snipes "may be subject to arrest and punishment for contempt of court, and the court may take an order requiring [him] to pay reasonable attorney fees incurred by the judgment creditor in the proceeding."
A source claimed the actor "never contested any of the bills of fees of Sitrick & Co."
According to a previous report from International Business Times, the actor himself even spoofed his time in jail in one of the scenes in "The Expendables 3." After he was rescued from prison by Jason Statham and crew, he was asked what he was in jail for. The actor replied "tax evasion" although in the movie he was imprisoned for a failed assassination attempt.
Wesley Snipes was reportedly sentenced in 2008 with failure to file tax returns for three years. He was believed to have owed the government a total of $7 million in tax fees. He lost an appeal in 2010 and was convicted to three years in prison. He was released in 2013 after serving three years in a correctional facility.
Rumour has it that the actor will reprise his role in "Blade 4." If this will be confirmed, then according to Inquisitr, it would provide the actor another source of cash other than from "The Expendables 3." The site claims surely he would be able to pay the money he reportedly still owes the firm.
Radar Online claims attemtps to contact Wesley Snipes for comments were unsuccessfull, while Sitrick & Co has yet to respond to their request.
Source: YouTube/Beyond The Trailer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery