Wesley Snipes Served With Lawsuit For Owing $103K --- Report
By Tanya Diente | September 3, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Wesley Snipes was reportedly served with legal papers relating to his tax evasion case during the premiere of "The Expendables 3" in Hollywood last week.
Cast member Wesley Snipes attends the premiere of the film "The Expendables 3" in Los Angeles August 11, 2014.
Radar Online posted a photo proving the actor was presented with legal documents during his walk down the red carpet. He was reportedly all smiles while promoting his comeback movie. However, that smile soon faded on his way to the film's after-party.
The site claims someone approached and handed Wesley Snipes with summons requesting his appearance for a debtor's examination. The actor is reportedly being sued by a PR firm, Sitrick & Company, for his failure to furnish payment for the group's work done when he faced felony tax evasion charges before.
The court documents reportedly requested the actor to "furnish information to aid in enforcement of a money judgment." It also revealed the amount the actor owes the firm, totaling to $103,000. Additionally, the cour documents stated Snipes "may be subject to arrest and punishment for contempt of court, and the court may take an order requiring [him] to pay reasonable attorney fees incurred by the judgment creditor in the proceeding."
A source claimed the actor "never contested any of the bills of fees of Sitrick & Co."
According to a previous report from International Business Times, the actor himself even spoofed his time in jail in one of the scenes in "The Expendables 3." After he was rescued from prison by Jason Statham and crew, he was asked what he was in jail for. The actor replied "tax evasion" although in the movie he was imprisoned for a failed assassination attempt.
Wesley Snipes was reportedly sentenced in 2008 with failure to file tax returns for three years. He was believed to have owed the government a total of $7 million in tax fees. He lost an appeal in 2010 and was convicted to three years in prison. He was released in 2013 after serving three years in a correctional facility.
Rumour has it that the actor will reprise his role in "Blade 4." If this will be confirmed, then according to Inquisitr, it would provide the actor another source of cash other than from "The Expendables 3." The site claims surely he would be able to pay the money he reportedly still owes the firm.
Radar Online claims attemtps to contact Wesley Snipes for comments were unsuccessfull, while Sitrick & Co has yet to respond to their request.
Source: YouTube/Beyond The Trailer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS