‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: What Happens To Slaves In Meereen
By Sachin Trivedi | September 3, 2014 3:26 PM EST
The troubles for Daenerys Targaryen have only begun and are all set to multiply in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The mother of dragons has decided to learn how to rule before marching on the seven kingdoms to reclaim the Iron Throne.
Cast member Emilia Clarke arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The following spoilers are based on the book "A Dance with Dragons," written by George R. R. Martin. The TV show "Game of Thrones" is based on the book series. Readers should note that the producers of the show have deviated from the books slightly in the past.
Daenerys Targaryen faces a grave threat from the Yunkai, who have re-enslaved the people freed by the mother of dragons. The ruling council in the city of Astapor was also massacred. Now Meereen itself faces the threat of invasion and also an enemy within the city.
A shadowy group calling itself the Sons of the Harpy will unleash terror in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The group assassinates supporters of Daenerys Targaryen and draws a figure of the harpy near the dead body.
Many of the slaves in Meereen will start working in brothels in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. With lack of training in any other skill, many of the former slaves will turn to prostitution to make ends meet.
Readers who have followed the series will remember that the bulk of Daenerys' army consists of the Unsullied and the Dothraki. There are not many knights in her army who can conduct an investigation as to who the Sons of the Harpy are.
Daenerys Targaryen will assign the Unsullied to the task. She will ask Grey Worm to send men to find out if there has been anyone getting treated for sword wounds. But the final solution to the problem is a political wedding.
Daenerys Targaryen weds a man from one of the noble families of Meereen. The marriage is based on the promise that there will be 90 days of peace in the city. But there will be an attempt to kill the mother of dragons after the wedding in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister - Possible Deviation From The Books [Read]
'Winds of Winter' George R. R. Martin Has Flexibility To Kill Even More Characters [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: Jon Snow [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles