Moto G2 (At $214) vs. Moto G – Early Specifications And Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | September 3, 2014 2:08 PM EST
The 2014 Motorola Moto G (4G LTE) variant was released in June, whereas the successor Moto G2 will be announced in IFA 2014 on Sept. 4. Both the phones are budget-friendly and pack terrific features. Readers who are interested in upgrading their Moto G to the upcoming Moto G2 should check out this specifications, features and price comparison.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Fresh Teaser Released; 1440 x 2560 2K Screen Resolution Confirmed On Release Date
Nokia Lumia 530 (Dual-SIM) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Dual-SIM): Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
The Moto G2 will reportedly come with a 5.0-inch display bundled with 720 x 1,280 pixels screen resolution, whereas the Moto G features a relatively smaller 4.5-inch IPS LCD display with the same resolution as the Moto G2.
When it comes to exterior, the Moto G comes with a sharp HD display that stretches from edge-to-edge to all corners of the handset. Moreover, the Motorola handset comes with a plastic body. Although there is no information available on the exterior design of the Moto G2, going by the leaked images, the handset will come with narrow bezels when compared to its predecessor Moto G. Interested readers can check out the latest images of the Moto G2 from Phone Arena.
For extra protection, 2014 Moto G (4G LTE) variant comes with a water-resistant coating protecting the phone inside and outside. It is worth noting that, the protection is just a coating and hence there is no IP67 certification. However, at this point there is no official information available to ascertain if the Moto G2 will come with the same protection.
Under The Hood
Interestingly, both Moto G (4G LTE) and Moto G2 are powered by the same quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz and house 1 GB of RAM.
In addition, the Moto G (4G LTE) runs on Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat (upgradeable to higher versions), whereas the Moto G2 is expected to run on Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS out of the box. When it comes to memory, the Moto G handset comes with 8 GB of internal storage, while the Moto G2 will reportedly come equipped with 8 GB and 16 GB of in-built storage capacity. Also, both the phones support microSD card for expansion. It is worth noting that the 2013 Moto G model does not come with expandable memory option.
1. The Moto G2 will sport an 8 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash in addition to a 2 MP secondary snapper. The Moto G, on the other hand, sports a relatively inferior 5 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and 1.3 MP front-facing shooter.
2. The Moto G houses a good Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery unit, however there is no information available on the Moto G2 specification at this point.
3. Similar to other Moto devices, the Moto G2 will also feature the much-loved replaceable rear panel via Motorola Moto Maker site.
4. The Motorola devices support micro-sim. While the Moto G2 is a dual-SIM phone, several variants of Moto G also supports dual-SIM.
The 2014 Moto G 8 GB (4G LTE) model is priced at AU$269.95 in Australia. The import/export details sighted in Zauba database pertaining to India revealed the price of the 16 GB Moto G2 variant as INR 10,640; therefore the retail price would be approximately INR 13,000. This roughly translates to US$214 and AU$230.
2. Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports