‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 1 Recap [Spoilers]: Final 12 Semifinalists Perform
By jaskiran kaur | September 3, 2014 2:07 PM EST
NBC's reality talent show "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) is nearing its finale. The show is only few weeks away from crowning its winner. On Sept. 2, 2014, the show aired its second part of two-part semifinals round. Howie Mandel, Howard Stern, Mel B and Heidi Klum continue to be the part of the show as judges and mentors to the contestants. Here is a detailed recap of what happened on "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 2 Performance Episode. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 2-Day 1. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
Last week viewers enjoyed first part of semifinals round wherein 12 artists out of the top 24 performed. On tonight's episode, viewers witnessed the performance by the remaining 12 contestants. Acts of these contestants will be judged by viewers and judges. While four finalists will be selected on the basis of viewers' votes, one will be chosen by judges.
The acts that set the stage on fire in semifinals round 2 were: Wendy Liebman, Smoothini, Quintavious Johnson, Mat Franco, Kelli Glover, Jonah Smith, Jaycob Curlee, Emil and Dariel, Christian Stoinev, Blue Journey, Baila Conmigo and AcroArmy.
The show kicked off with the performance by singer Jonah Smith. He sang One Republic's "Love Runs Out." The singer was generously appreciated for his soulful voice. Mel B said he was amazing and Howie Mendal said his performance was great opening for the show. Heidi felt his voice was soulful and Howard said Jonah was his favourite singer.
Next was Baila Conmigo, the Latin dance troupe. The group of kids and adults performed another salsa routine for their semifinals performance. Heidi and Mel B stood up to appreciate their act. Howie said their dance was fantastic.
The dance troupe was followed by the performance of the singer Jaycob Curlee. The singer and guitarist sang "Your Song" by Elton John. Howard felt that this was his best performance. Heidi said Jaycob was talented but lacks stage presence. Mel B found his performance too small to evoke America's response.
Mat Franco, the magician, took the stage next. The magician promised a different trick for the semifinals and so he performed one. He used Mel B's phone and destroyed it by pouring Snapple over it. However, later she found it intact inside a seat with a photo of her with three playing cards that were earlier picked by the judges. Howard loved his performance and Heidi said it was "mind boggling." Howie also seemed impressed and Mel B felt he was brilliant.
The next performance was by AcroArmy. The acrobats group performed another routine with greater risk. The act was interesting yet dangerous. Mel B said their semifinals performance was "off the chain." Howie compared them to an army on the front. Heidi said that it was dollar one million act.
Kelli Glover, the singer, performed next. She performed "Love On Top" by Beyonce. Howie advised her to be confident and Howard said she reminded him of cruise ship or a beauty pageant. Heidi was impressed by her but Mel B felt it wasn't her best performance.
Next to perform was comedian Wendy Liebman. She cracked some husband jokes. Howard was convinced with his decision of saving her in quarterfinals. Heidi felt she is really funny and Mel B said she was outstanding on the stage tonight. Meanwhile, Howie felt she was really impressive.
Blue Journey the contemporary dance duo performed next. Their act involved animations. Heidi said their performance was beautiful. Mel B was impressed with their innovative ideas. Howard felt they created a spectacular scene on the stage and Howie said it was fantastic.
Emil and Dariel, the cellists' duo performed next. They played Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Mel B felt they were unique with their act on "AGT" stage. Howie said they were perfect and Howard was impressed but wanted to see how a singer could contribute to their performance. Heidi said that their grandfather must be proud of them.
Performing next on the stage was magician Smoothini. He performed an act with judges' assistance. His act consisted of a pen, shoelace and a ring. Heidi loved his act and Mel B seemed impressed. Howie said he was a big fan of Smoothini. As for Howard, he liked Smoothini a lot but felt his act was too small for semifinals.
Christian Stoinev, the extreme hand balancer, performed next. He performed some acrobatic tricks with his dogs. Mel B said she liked the act but she wished he added hand balancing tricks to the act. Howard felt it was more like an animal act. Heidi felt he was amazing.
Last to perform on "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 2 was the child singer, Quintavious Johnson. He sang Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind." Heidi said he was just as unique as his name. Mel B felt he was very talented. Howie felt he was golden and he could win the show. Howard was also very impressed with Johnson's presentation.
"America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) will return with Semifinals Round 2 Elimination Episode on Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2014. Don't forget to tune into NBC.
For more "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) spoilers and information, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’