‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 1 Recap [Spoilers]: Final 12 Semifinalists Perform
By jaskiran kaur | September 3, 2014 2:07 PM EST
NBC's reality talent show "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) is nearing its finale. The show is only few weeks away from crowning its winner. On Sept. 2, 2014, the show aired its second part of two-part semifinals round. Howie Mandel, Howard Stern, Mel B and Heidi Klum continue to be the part of the show as judges and mentors to the contestants. Here is a detailed recap of what happened on "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 2 Performance Episode. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 2-Day 1. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
Last week viewers enjoyed first part of semifinals round wherein 12 artists out of the top 24 performed. On tonight's episode, viewers witnessed the performance by the remaining 12 contestants. Acts of these contestants will be judged by viewers and judges. While four finalists will be selected on the basis of viewers' votes, one will be chosen by judges.
The acts that set the stage on fire in semifinals round 2 were: Wendy Liebman, Smoothini, Quintavious Johnson, Mat Franco, Kelli Glover, Jonah Smith, Jaycob Curlee, Emil and Dariel, Christian Stoinev, Blue Journey, Baila Conmigo and AcroArmy.
The show kicked off with the performance by singer Jonah Smith. He sang One Republic's "Love Runs Out." The singer was generously appreciated for his soulful voice. Mel B said he was amazing and Howie Mendal said his performance was great opening for the show. Heidi felt his voice was soulful and Howard said Jonah was his favourite singer.
Next was Baila Conmigo, the Latin dance troupe. The group of kids and adults performed another salsa routine for their semifinals performance. Heidi and Mel B stood up to appreciate their act. Howie said their dance was fantastic.
The dance troupe was followed by the performance of the singer Jaycob Curlee. The singer and guitarist sang "Your Song" by Elton John. Howard felt that this was his best performance. Heidi said Jaycob was talented but lacks stage presence. Mel B found his performance too small to evoke America's response.
Mat Franco, the magician, took the stage next. The magician promised a different trick for the semifinals and so he performed one. He used Mel B's phone and destroyed it by pouring Snapple over it. However, later she found it intact inside a seat with a photo of her with three playing cards that were earlier picked by the judges. Howard loved his performance and Heidi said it was "mind boggling." Howie also seemed impressed and Mel B felt he was brilliant.
The next performance was by AcroArmy. The acrobats group performed another routine with greater risk. The act was interesting yet dangerous. Mel B said their semifinals performance was "off the chain." Howie compared them to an army on the front. Heidi said that it was dollar one million act.
Kelli Glover, the singer, performed next. She performed "Love On Top" by Beyonce. Howie advised her to be confident and Howard said she reminded him of cruise ship or a beauty pageant. Heidi was impressed by her but Mel B felt it wasn't her best performance.
Next to perform was comedian Wendy Liebman. She cracked some husband jokes. Howard was convinced with his decision of saving her in quarterfinals. Heidi felt she is really funny and Mel B said she was outstanding on the stage tonight. Meanwhile, Howie felt she was really impressive.
Blue Journey the contemporary dance duo performed next. Their act involved animations. Heidi said their performance was beautiful. Mel B was impressed with their innovative ideas. Howard felt they created a spectacular scene on the stage and Howie said it was fantastic.
Emil and Dariel, the cellists' duo performed next. They played Paul McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Mel B felt they were unique with their act on "AGT" stage. Howie said they were perfect and Howard was impressed but wanted to see how a singer could contribute to their performance. Heidi said that their grandfather must be proud of them.
Performing next on the stage was magician Smoothini. He performed an act with judges' assistance. His act consisted of a pen, shoelace and a ring. Heidi loved his act and Mel B seemed impressed. Howie said he was a big fan of Smoothini. As for Howard, he liked Smoothini a lot but felt his act was too small for semifinals.
Christian Stoinev, the extreme hand balancer, performed next. He performed some acrobatic tricks with his dogs. Mel B said she liked the act but she wished he added hand balancing tricks to the act. Howard felt it was more like an animal act. Heidi felt he was amazing.
Last to perform on "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Semifinals Round 2 was the child singer, Quintavious Johnson. He sang Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind." Heidi said he was just as unique as his name. Mel B felt he was very talented. Howie felt he was golden and he could win the show. Howard was also very impressed with Johnson's presentation.
"America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) will return with Semifinals Round 2 Elimination Episode on Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2014. Don't forget to tune into NBC.
For more "America's Got Talent" (AGT) Season 9 (2014) spoilers and information, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate