Sony Xperia Z3 and SmartWatch 3 to Launch At The IFA 2014 in Berlin
By Patricia Marie Tayson | September 3, 2014 12:05 PM EST
Sony is reportedly to launch the latest flagship of its smartphones, the Xperia Z3 along with the new version of its wearable device, the Smartwatch 3 at the IFA event. This event will be held in Berlin and Sony is not the only company that is expected to unveil its new products.
Sony Press kit
Miss India World 2014, Koyal Rana posing with Sony Xperia Z2 and SmartBand
Z3 is could feature a 5.2-inch 'triluminos' display which is reported to give brighter and better contrast ratio than the Z2, according to 9to5Google. Z3 is expected to run on a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor having 3GB of RAM and to come in a special software that is reported to help provide a longer battery life.
Aside from the Z3, Sony is also expected to launch the third generation of its smartwatches, the SmartWatch 3. The SmartWatch 3 is reported to come in a 1.68-inch 320 x 320 display that will almost look like Samsung Gear 2 Neo, according to 9to5Google. It is expected to run on Google's latest Android Wear OS which is designed for wearable devices.
Other devices that are expected to be released by Sony include the new SmartBand Talk, to come alongside SmartWatch 3. This device is reported to be the successor of the health device, SmartBand. According to the report, it will feature Bluetooth connectivity with a curved e-link display. Two more smartphones are expected to launched by Sony in the IFA event. The Z3 Compact which is reported to have similar specs as Z3 but will sport a 4.7-inch display and will cost lower than Z3. Another smartphone expected is the Xperia E3. It is reported to have a 4.8-inch display to run on a 1.2Ghz quad-core processor. Lastly, 9to5Google reports that Sony will be launching the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. The tablet is reported to be the thinnest and lightest waterproof tablet in the world having only 6.4mm thin. It is expected to have the same specs with Z3 but it is expected to sport an 8-inch 1,080 x 1,920 display.
All of these products are expected to be unveiled by Sony at the IFA 2014 in Berlin. Press and tech enthusiasts will be very busy looking at all of the newly launched products that will be showcased on the event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight