Austin Tops List of U.S. States with Quickest Home Sales
By Vittorio Hernandez | September 3, 2014 8:43 AM EST
Latest market data reveal that Austin has topped the list of real estate markets where homes stay shortest in the market, according to a report on Kxan.com.
The report said that 40 per cent of homes in the Texan capital stay on the market for less than seven days. The nationwide average is 10 days, the report added.
Rising sales prices are not stopping buyers from grabbing a piece of Austin real estate even if prices are $60,000 higher than average sales prices in neighbouring cities such as Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
Bradley Pounds, Watters International Reality sales manager, said the city has seen a 10 per cent price increase in 2014. The price hike will become lukewarm soon but is expected to pick up steam again in 2015.
"The double digit increases may not continue, however, there will be a significant price increase in 2015," Pounds told Kxan.com.
Citing data from The Austin Board of Realtors, BizJournal reported that while sales in July were down by 3 per cent from 2013, median home prices rose 9 per cent to $250,000. Meanwhile, average home prices were up 7 per cent from over a year ago to $318,856.
Listings site Zillow, on the other hand, estimated median home values in the city rose 13.4 per cent during the past year to $216,900.
It also forecast slow but steady growth in valuations through 2015 at 5.1 per cent, twice faster than the nationwide average at 2.7 per cent.
Relocating households are driving growth to the city, according to Kxan.com. Ryan Robinson, the city demographer, said 110 people relocate to Austin on a daily basis.
April data from the Planning and Development Review Department showed that 865,504 currently reside in Austin. It also said that the Austin-Round Rock metropolitan statistical area has a population of 1,926,998.
An increased housing demand in the central city is also dominating trends in the Austin real estate market, leading to new smaller condo and townhome developments, according to the department.
The department said site plans for these units accounted for a majority of the submissions for review for multifamily dwellings.
Meanwhile, the department also noted that while it received fewer units for review during the second quarter of this year compared with 2010's figure, the quarter has the most number of projects submitted. There are 850 units embedded within 20 new projects currently under review.
Aside from these soon-to-be constructed units, 2,400 units received entitlements during the quarter, while over 2,500 units are currently under construction. Another 2,000 units have just been "delivered to what is still widely considered to be a landlord's market," the department said.
However, it is still too early to tell if there is going to be a surplus of homes, the department said.
"The next few quarters will finally tell the tale of whether or not we're headed toward a product glut, at least in terms of learning just how deep Austin's ultra-luxury rental market truly is," Robinson said.
Home sellers can take advantage of positive trends in the Austin real estate market by taking their marketing arsenal to the next level. Realbiz Media Group, Inc. (OTCQB: RBIZ) is one company in the sector that develops proprietary video software that agents and their brokers can use to promote their listings online to potential buyers.
The company touts its disruptive Virtual Tour program as a technology that's going to make all the difference in property marketing. The program allows agents to create virtual tours and presentations that are optimized for mobile viewing and could be syndicated through social media for only $29.95 a month.
To learn more about Realbiz Media, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.888.REAL.BIZ (888.732.5249).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- While Asian Property Markets Are Cooling, 92% Of Philippine Real Estate Agents & Brokers Are Positive About Next 12 Months
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon November 27, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 28, 2014
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More