iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
By Vittorio Hernandez | September 3, 2014 8:37 AM EST
Like other telcos, Telstra is looking forward to the official launch of Apple's iPhone 6 on Sept 9 and its shipment to Australia. The latest flagship of the Cupertino-based tech giant is expected to boost Telstra's income by $500 million, Morgan Stanley Research analysts estimate.
An Apple employee waves a rainbow flag before marching in the San Francisco Gay Pride Festival in California June 29, 2014. Thousands of Apple employees donned specially designed T shirts at the festival and marched in unison. This year's turnout was largest in the company's history, several Apple employees told Reuters.
Morgan Stanley reckons that by selling the larger screened iPhone 6, Telstra's would add about 465,000 mobile subscribers for the 2015 financial year, estimated analysts, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
While many phone users think that Telstra's service is high-end, the telco logged the highest satisfaction rating among the survey respondents compare to its two competitors. The report said that 45 per cent of Aussie iPhone users are Telstra subscribers, 27 per cent are with Optus and 26 per cent with Vodafone.
Morgan Stanley forecasts that Telstra would capture 5 per cent of the iPhone market when the iPhone 6 reaches the Australian market, while Optus's share would remain unchanged, but Vodafone would lose 6 per cent share.
"In three of the last four years, Telstra has added significantly more subscribers in the first-half versus the second-half and we believe much of this change is due to the launch of the latest iPhones," the report said, quoted by AFR.
With 465,000 more iPhone subscribers, there would be higher demand for data for Telstra. That would place pressure on Telstra to constantly upgrade its equipment to meet the higher demand.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’