iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
By Vittorio Hernandez | September 3, 2014 8:37 AM EST
Like other telcos, Telstra is looking forward to the official launch of Apple's iPhone 6 on Sept 9 and its shipment to Australia. The latest flagship of the Cupertino-based tech giant is expected to boost Telstra's income by $500 million, Morgan Stanley Research analysts estimate.
An Apple employee waves a rainbow flag before marching in the San Francisco Gay Pride Festival in California June 29, 2014. Thousands of Apple employees donned specially designed T shirts at the festival and marched in unison. This year's turnout was largest in the company's history, several Apple employees told Reuters.
Morgan Stanley reckons that by selling the larger screened iPhone 6, Telstra's would add about 465,000 mobile subscribers for the 2015 financial year, estimated analysts, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
While many phone users think that Telstra's service is high-end, the telco logged the highest satisfaction rating among the survey respondents compare to its two competitors. The report said that 45 per cent of Aussie iPhone users are Telstra subscribers, 27 per cent are with Optus and 26 per cent with Vodafone.
Morgan Stanley forecasts that Telstra would capture 5 per cent of the iPhone market when the iPhone 6 reaches the Australian market, while Optus's share would remain unchanged, but Vodafone would lose 6 per cent share.
"In three of the last four years, Telstra has added significantly more subscribers in the first-half versus the second-half and we believe much of this change is due to the launch of the latest iPhones," the report said, quoted by AFR.
With 465,000 more iPhone subscribers, there would be higher demand for data for Telstra. That would place pressure on Telstra to constantly upgrade its equipment to meet the higher demand.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build