Wearable Technology: A Blend of Fashion and Technology to Make you Look Trendy
By Merlyn D'costa | September 3, 2014 8:29 AM EST
Wearable technology is something that was unheard of, but nowadays many companies are venturing into making these products. Some of the latest gadgets to lookout for in the wearable category that will adorn an individual.
A model presents a creation by Spanish designer Esther Noriega during the Pasarela Castilla y Leon Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show in Burgos, northern Spain October 6, 2011. REUTERS/Felix Ordonez (SPAIN - Tags: FASHION)
Timex in collaboration with Core 77 organised a competition in which TX54, a Nail watch was chosen as the second winner in the global design competition. This device is transparent and can be easily stuck on the thumb nail of a user. Worn as a fashion accessory the device has text colours and option of glow features that can be activated on command. It easily blends with the nail like the nail polish. Yet it is simple and elegant. The device cannot do much but since it is disposable it comes for a lower price and adds flair and signature.
Invented by a French company called Cityzens Sciences, the Smart-sensing fabric is woven with micro-sensors and made into simple T-shirts called the D-shirt. Its main function is to record the user's heart rate and send it to the smartphone along with the location, route, speed and altitude. The information is sent through the Bluetooth technology. The user can record his progress during his jog and view the summary of his whole work out session.
It can even notify the user if he is exercising too hard and is risking a heart attack. The fabric is very light, can be washed and ironed.
The Dash headphones
The Dash headphones solves the problem of wires altogether. They are wireless and sit snugly and precisely in the ear. Music is played through Bluetooth. Not only that it will measure the heart rate, speed and the number of steps taken and the calories burned but it can also function without a smartphone.
Rusty's Wired series
These hoodies are to solve the problems of tangled earphones. Being threaded into the hood of the garment, the thread that tightens the hood is attached to an earphone using the HB3 technology and a slot in the jacket is provided to insert the music device. It can be washed in the washing machine because the earphones are waterproof.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS