Wearable Technology: A Blend of Fashion and Technology to Make you Look Trendy
By Merlyn D'costa | September 3, 2014 8:29 AM EST
Wearable technology is something that was unheard of, but nowadays many companies are venturing into making these products. Some of the latest gadgets to lookout for in the wearable category that will adorn an individual.
A model presents a creation by Spanish designer Esther Noriega during the Pasarela Castilla y Leon Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show in Burgos, northern Spain October 6, 2011. REUTERS/Felix Ordonez (SPAIN - Tags: FASHION)
Timex in collaboration with Core 77 organised a competition in which TX54, a Nail watch was chosen as the second winner in the global design competition. This device is transparent and can be easily stuck on the thumb nail of a user. Worn as a fashion accessory the device has text colours and option of glow features that can be activated on command. It easily blends with the nail like the nail polish. Yet it is simple and elegant. The device cannot do much but since it is disposable it comes for a lower price and adds flair and signature.
Invented by a French company called Cityzens Sciences, the Smart-sensing fabric is woven with micro-sensors and made into simple T-shirts called the D-shirt. Its main function is to record the user's heart rate and send it to the smartphone along with the location, route, speed and altitude. The information is sent through the Bluetooth technology. The user can record his progress during his jog and view the summary of his whole work out session.
It can even notify the user if he is exercising too hard and is risking a heart attack. The fabric is very light, can be washed and ironed.
The Dash headphones
The Dash headphones solves the problem of wires altogether. They are wireless and sit snugly and precisely in the ear. Music is played through Bluetooth. Not only that it will measure the heart rate, speed and the number of steps taken and the calories burned but it can also function without a smartphone.
Rusty's Wired series
These hoodies are to solve the problems of tangled earphones. Being threaded into the hood of the garment, the thread that tightens the hood is attached to an earphone using the HB3 technology and a slot in the jacket is provided to insert the music device. It can be washed in the washing machine because the earphones are waterproof.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists