Wearable Technology: A Blend of Fashion and Technology to Make you Look Trendy
By Merlyn D'costa | September 3, 2014 8:29 AM EST
Wearable technology is something that was unheard of, but nowadays many companies are venturing into making these products. Some of the latest gadgets to lookout for in the wearable category that will adorn an individual.
A model presents a creation by Spanish designer Esther Noriega during the Pasarela Castilla y Leon Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show in Burgos, northern Spain October 6, 2011. REUTERS/Felix Ordonez (SPAIN - Tags: FASHION)
Timex in collaboration with Core 77 organised a competition in which TX54, a Nail watch was chosen as the second winner in the global design competition. This device is transparent and can be easily stuck on the thumb nail of a user. Worn as a fashion accessory the device has text colours and option of glow features that can be activated on command. It easily blends with the nail like the nail polish. Yet it is simple and elegant. The device cannot do much but since it is disposable it comes for a lower price and adds flair and signature.
Invented by a French company called Cityzens Sciences, the Smart-sensing fabric is woven with micro-sensors and made into simple T-shirts called the D-shirt. Its main function is to record the user's heart rate and send it to the smartphone along with the location, route, speed and altitude. The information is sent through the Bluetooth technology. The user can record his progress during his jog and view the summary of his whole work out session.
It can even notify the user if he is exercising too hard and is risking a heart attack. The fabric is very light, can be washed and ironed.
The Dash headphones
The Dash headphones solves the problem of wires altogether. They are wireless and sit snugly and precisely in the ear. Music is played through Bluetooth. Not only that it will measure the heart rate, speed and the number of steps taken and the calories burned but it can also function without a smartphone.
Rusty's Wired series
These hoodies are to solve the problems of tangled earphones. Being threaded into the hood of the garment, the thread that tightens the hood is attached to an earphone using the HB3 technology and a slot in the jacket is provided to insert the music device. It can be washed in the washing machine because the earphones are waterproof.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims