Wearable Technology: A Blend of Fashion and Technology to Make you Look Trendy
By Merlyn D'costa | September 3, 2014 8:29 AM EST
Wearable technology is something that was unheard of, but nowadays many companies are venturing into making these products. Some of the latest gadgets to lookout for in the wearable category that will adorn an individual.
A model presents a creation by Spanish designer Esther Noriega during the Pasarela Castilla y Leon Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show in Burgos, northern Spain October 6, 2011. REUTERS/Felix Ordonez (SPAIN - Tags: FASHION)
Timex in collaboration with Core 77 organised a competition in which TX54, a Nail watch was chosen as the second winner in the global design competition. This device is transparent and can be easily stuck on the thumb nail of a user. Worn as a fashion accessory the device has text colours and option of glow features that can be activated on command. It easily blends with the nail like the nail polish. Yet it is simple and elegant. The device cannot do much but since it is disposable it comes for a lower price and adds flair and signature.
Invented by a French company called Cityzens Sciences, the Smart-sensing fabric is woven with micro-sensors and made into simple T-shirts called the D-shirt. Its main function is to record the user's heart rate and send it to the smartphone along with the location, route, speed and altitude. The information is sent through the Bluetooth technology. The user can record his progress during his jog and view the summary of his whole work out session.
It can even notify the user if he is exercising too hard and is risking a heart attack. The fabric is very light, can be washed and ironed.
The Dash headphones
The Dash headphones solves the problem of wires altogether. They are wireless and sit snugly and precisely in the ear. Music is played through Bluetooth. Not only that it will measure the heart rate, speed and the number of steps taken and the calories burned but it can also function without a smartphone.
Rusty's Wired series
These hoodies are to solve the problems of tangled earphones. Being threaded into the hood of the garment, the thread that tightens the hood is attached to an earphone using the HB3 technology and a slot in the jacket is provided to insert the music device. It can be washed in the washing machine because the earphones are waterproof.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories