'Kourtney And Khloe Take The Hamptons' Is Kourtney Kardashian's Way Of Helping Scott Disick Accept His Third Baby
By Christine Jane Caparras | September 2, 2014 8:52 PM EST
After dropping the big news about her third pregnancy to boyfriend Scott Disick and subsequently getting a negative reaction from him, Kourtney Kardashian came up with a plan to resolve their family issues. She revealed her plans to Khloe and the motivation behind shooting the upcoming spin-off reality series, "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons."
Television personality Kourtney Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kourtney admitted that it took a lot of courage to reveal her pregnancy to Scott and her anxiety was justified after Scott totally freaked out upon hearing the news. He accused Kourtney of lying to him and of suckering him into more children. In this season's special two part finale for "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," the events that transpired after Kourtney revealed the news to Scott proved to be the motivation behind the family's decision to spend the summer in The Hamptons. The move resulted in the spin-off series "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons," which is set to air this fall.
When Scott learned that he is set to become a father for the third time, he confided in Khloe and told her that he feels that he is barely even able to take care of himself. Kourtney was devastated by his reaction and it took her even longer to reveal the news to her family because of Scott's less than ideal reaction. Once Kourtney realised that Khloe already knows, she told Kim and they informed their mom, Kris Jenner. They also revealed that Scott isn't too pleased about the news. Kris offered her advice and told Kourtney that Scott has been going through a lot lately, with the deaths of both his parents late last year. Apart from that, big changes and a new environment always have made him anxious.
After Scott disappeared for a night after an appearance in Mexico, Kourtney confronted him and he confessed that he needs to deal with how he is feeling at that moment and he acknowledged that he should not have made Kourtney worried by disappearing like that. She pointed out that he needs to be more responsible and that it's unacceptable to just disappear when he has a family to think about.
In order to help Scott ease into third-time fatherhood and to deal with his other issues, Kourtney decided to haul the whole family off to The Hamptons where Scott grew up. She told Khloe that she feels this will allow him to be in familiar surroundings -- in the place where he grew up with his parents. When she told Scott about her plans, Scott said that he didn't want to go to The Hamptons because he feels like it's now too late. The place would remind him of his parents and how they had been asking them to come every summer but they never visited at the time. The fact that Kourtney wanted to go to the place after they had passed away was making him feel worse about missing the opportunity while they were still alive.
Kourtney joined Scott in an appearance at Houston and the two finally had a talk about the new baby and the issue with The Hamptons. Kourtney explained that she doesn't want to pressure him if being at The Hamptons would make him feel worse. In the end, Scott decided that going there should not bring negative feelings but should give him positive memories. He finally decided that once his new baby is born, he would be happy about it and his two children reminded him of how much of a blessing they have become in his life. The family then proceeded to pack up for a move to The Hamptons after Kim's wedding and all the family's adventures will be documented in the upcoming series "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS