'Kourtney And Khloe Take The Hamptons' Is Kourtney Kardashian's Way Of Helping Scott Disick Accept His Third Baby
By Christine Jane Caparras | September 2, 2014 8:52 PM EST
After dropping the big news about her third pregnancy to boyfriend Scott Disick and subsequently getting a negative reaction from him, Kourtney Kardashian came up with a plan to resolve their family issues. She revealed her plans to Khloe and the motivation behind shooting the upcoming spin-off reality series, "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons."
Television personality Kourtney Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kourtney admitted that it took a lot of courage to reveal her pregnancy to Scott and her anxiety was justified after Scott totally freaked out upon hearing the news. He accused Kourtney of lying to him and of suckering him into more children. In this season's special two part finale for "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," the events that transpired after Kourtney revealed the news to Scott proved to be the motivation behind the family's decision to spend the summer in The Hamptons. The move resulted in the spin-off series "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons," which is set to air this fall.
When Scott learned that he is set to become a father for the third time, he confided in Khloe and told her that he feels that he is barely even able to take care of himself. Kourtney was devastated by his reaction and it took her even longer to reveal the news to her family because of Scott's less than ideal reaction. Once Kourtney realised that Khloe already knows, she told Kim and they informed their mom, Kris Jenner. They also revealed that Scott isn't too pleased about the news. Kris offered her advice and told Kourtney that Scott has been going through a lot lately, with the deaths of both his parents late last year. Apart from that, big changes and a new environment always have made him anxious.
After Scott disappeared for a night after an appearance in Mexico, Kourtney confronted him and he confessed that he needs to deal with how he is feeling at that moment and he acknowledged that he should not have made Kourtney worried by disappearing like that. She pointed out that he needs to be more responsible and that it's unacceptable to just disappear when he has a family to think about.
In order to help Scott ease into third-time fatherhood and to deal with his other issues, Kourtney decided to haul the whole family off to The Hamptons where Scott grew up. She told Khloe that she feels this will allow him to be in familiar surroundings -- in the place where he grew up with his parents. When she told Scott about her plans, Scott said that he didn't want to go to The Hamptons because he feels like it's now too late. The place would remind him of his parents and how they had been asking them to come every summer but they never visited at the time. The fact that Kourtney wanted to go to the place after they had passed away was making him feel worse about missing the opportunity while they were still alive.
Kourtney joined Scott in an appearance at Houston and the two finally had a talk about the new baby and the issue with The Hamptons. Kourtney explained that she doesn't want to pressure him if being at The Hamptons would make him feel worse. In the end, Scott decided that going there should not bring negative feelings but should give him positive memories. He finally decided that once his new baby is born, he would be happy about it and his two children reminded him of how much of a blessing they have become in his life. The family then proceeded to pack up for a move to The Hamptons after Kim's wedding and all the family's adventures will be documented in the upcoming series "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft