Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie's Top-Secret Wedding Details: Shiloh Wears Shorts As Ring Bearer, Pax Bakes Wedding Cake, Six Children Help Couple Write Their Vows
By Riza Ornos | September 2, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Not your conventional family, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie together with their six children celebrated their long-awaited union in at their grandiose French estate, wearing unconventional wedding attires. The handsome groom reportedly borrowed his son tie to match his suit and Shiloh chose to wear shorts, as she played the role of one of her parents' ring bearer.
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are pictured with a wedding cake and a bridal veil in celebration of their recent wedding, at the Madame Tussauds attraction in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
After nine long years of being together and six children, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are now officially Mr. and Mrs. Pitt when the couple tied the knot on Aug. 23 in front of 20 guests. The few people in attendance included the "Fury" star's parents and siblings, and a few close friends to witness a special day for the family.
The "Maleficent" actress was given away by her two sons, Maddox, 13, and Pax,10, while Shiloh, 8, and Knox, 6, helped their mom and dad with the rings. The girls also had their individual roles, with Zahara, 9, and Vivienne, 6, as flower girls. The two picked fresh flowers from their garden in the morning before the ceremony at the chapel of Château Miraval.
The blushing bride wore a long, white dress, with a veil filled with her children's artwork. The kids even helped the couple to writing their vows and Pax went an extra mile and baked the wedding cake. A family event at its finest, the wedding showcased the couple's unconditional love for each other, far away from the prying eyes of the public.
"It was important to us that the day was relaxed and full of laughter. I was such a special day to share with our children and a very happy time for our family," the "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" star said in a statement published by PEOPLE magazine.
According to reports, the 50-year-old actor borrowed a tie from one of his sons, as he forgot to pack his own. Looking as handsome as ever, Brad, at the end of the intimate ceremony, gave his gorgeous bride a long kiss.
After the top-secret wedding in France, the busy pair have to kiss each other goodbye as Angie flew to Malta to shoot her upcoming movie "By the Sea," their second movie together. While Brad went back to the U.S. to shoot a commercial in New York, with Robert de Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio. Martin Scorsese is directing this commercial.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand