Ashlee Simpson Gets Married With Evan Ross
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 1, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Ashlee Simpson, sister of Jessica Simpson, got married with Diana Ross' son Evan on Sunday, Aug. 31. The wedding took place at Diana's estate in Greenwich, Connecticut. Former U.S. female singing group, The Supremes, planned the private wedding. The group performed at the wedding as well.
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are pictured with a wedding cake and a bridal veil in celebration of their recent wedding, at the Madame Tussauds attraction in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
This was the second time Ashlee got married as her earlier marriage with American bassist Pete Wentz ended in 2011. She wore a white wedding dress, which was embellished with pearls. She paired it up with Neil Lane rubies and diamonds, which reportedly cost her $750,000. Her five-year-old son with Wentz, Bronx, led her down the aisle while her sister Jessica acted as the matron of honour.
Ashlee's courtship with Evan has been quite dramatic. The first time the couple appeared in public was in July 2013. However, the relation appeared to have gotten more serious as days went by. Evan started spending more time with Ashlee and her little son. The couple even went for a double date with Jessica and her then-fiance Eric Johnson. Nevertheless, Evan reportedly proposed to Ashlee for marriage in Jan. 2014 while they were on a vacation in Hawaii. She tweeted a photo of her with Evan on Jan. 14, writing: "My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii !!!!!"
Evan earlier spoke to E! News regarding his marriage plans with Ashlee. It was weeks before he got engaged with Ashlee in March. He indicated that the marriage could happen anytime soon. "Honestly, we could go and get married right now, wherever," he said, ""We just want to be married. We're in love. This is the most incredible time I could ever think of in my life and I'm young, but the same time, I've lived a different life than most and I can't think of a happier moment." Ashlee later posted an image of her engagement party on Mar. 27 and declared that she would be "getting married."
It was in June 11 when Ashlee posted her last tweet yet. She posted an image of her with her son and the Skylanders Trap Team. She apparently had a lot of fun "with the boys."
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance