Ashlee Simpson Gets Married With Evan Ross
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 1, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Ashlee Simpson, sister of Jessica Simpson, got married with Diana Ross' son Evan on Sunday, Aug. 31. The wedding took place at Diana's estate in Greenwich, Connecticut. Former U.S. female singing group, The Supremes, planned the private wedding. The group performed at the wedding as well.
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are pictured with a wedding cake and a bridal veil in celebration of their recent wedding, at the Madame Tussauds attraction in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
This was the second time Ashlee got married as her earlier marriage with American bassist Pete Wentz ended in 2011. She wore a white wedding dress, which was embellished with pearls. She paired it up with Neil Lane rubies and diamonds, which reportedly cost her $750,000. Her five-year-old son with Wentz, Bronx, led her down the aisle while her sister Jessica acted as the matron of honour.
Ashlee's courtship with Evan has been quite dramatic. The first time the couple appeared in public was in July 2013. However, the relation appeared to have gotten more serious as days went by. Evan started spending more time with Ashlee and her little son. The couple even went for a double date with Jessica and her then-fiance Eric Johnson. Nevertheless, Evan reportedly proposed to Ashlee for marriage in Jan. 2014 while they were on a vacation in Hawaii. She tweeted a photo of her with Evan on Jan. 14, writing: "My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii !!!!!"
Evan earlier spoke to E! News regarding his marriage plans with Ashlee. It was weeks before he got engaged with Ashlee in March. He indicated that the marriage could happen anytime soon. "Honestly, we could go and get married right now, wherever," he said, ""We just want to be married. We're in love. This is the most incredible time I could ever think of in my life and I'm young, but the same time, I've lived a different life than most and I can't think of a happier moment." Ashlee later posted an image of her engagement party on Mar. 27 and declared that she would be "getting married."
It was in June 11 when Ashlee posted her last tweet yet. She posted an image of her with her son and the Skylanders Trap Team. She apparently had a lot of fun "with the boys."
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’