Ashlee Simpson Gets Married With Evan Ross
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 1, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Ashlee Simpson, sister of Jessica Simpson, got married with Diana Ross' son Evan on Sunday, Aug. 31. The wedding took place at Diana's estate in Greenwich, Connecticut. Former U.S. female singing group, The Supremes, planned the private wedding. The group performed at the wedding as well.
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are pictured with a wedding cake and a bridal veil in celebration of their recent wedding, at the Madame Tussauds attraction in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
This was the second time Ashlee got married as her earlier marriage with American bassist Pete Wentz ended in 2011. She wore a white wedding dress, which was embellished with pearls. She paired it up with Neil Lane rubies and diamonds, which reportedly cost her $750,000. Her five-year-old son with Wentz, Bronx, led her down the aisle while her sister Jessica acted as the matron of honour.
Ashlee's courtship with Evan has been quite dramatic. The first time the couple appeared in public was in July 2013. However, the relation appeared to have gotten more serious as days went by. Evan started spending more time with Ashlee and her little son. The couple even went for a double date with Jessica and her then-fiance Eric Johnson. Nevertheless, Evan reportedly proposed to Ashlee for marriage in Jan. 2014 while they were on a vacation in Hawaii. She tweeted a photo of her with Evan on Jan. 14, writing: "My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii !!!!!"
Evan earlier spoke to E! News regarding his marriage plans with Ashlee. It was weeks before he got engaged with Ashlee in March. He indicated that the marriage could happen anytime soon. "Honestly, we could go and get married right now, wherever," he said, ""We just want to be married. We're in love. This is the most incredible time I could ever think of in my life and I'm young, but the same time, I've lived a different life than most and I can't think of a happier moment." Ashlee later posted an image of her engagement party on Mar. 27 and declared that she would be "getting married."
It was in June 11 when Ashlee posted her last tweet yet. She posted an image of her with her son and the Skylanders Trap Team. She apparently had a lot of fun "with the boys."
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar