Ashlee Simpson Gets Married With Evan Ross
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 1, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Ashlee Simpson, sister of Jessica Simpson, got married with Diana Ross' son Evan on Sunday, Aug. 31. The wedding took place at Diana's estate in Greenwich, Connecticut. Former U.S. female singing group, The Supremes, planned the private wedding. The group performed at the wedding as well.
Wax models of actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are pictured with a wedding cake and a bridal veil in celebration of their recent wedding, at the Madame Tussauds attraction in Sydney, August 29, 2014. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Hollywood's first couple, married in France over the weekend following a two-year engagement, ending nearly a decade of fevered tabloid speculation over whether "Brangelina" would ever tie the knot.
This was the second time Ashlee got married as her earlier marriage with American bassist Pete Wentz ended in 2011. She wore a white wedding dress, which was embellished with pearls. She paired it up with Neil Lane rubies and diamonds, which reportedly cost her $750,000. Her five-year-old son with Wentz, Bronx, led her down the aisle while her sister Jessica acted as the matron of honour.
Ashlee's courtship with Evan has been quite dramatic. The first time the couple appeared in public was in July 2013. However, the relation appeared to have gotten more serious as days went by. Evan started spending more time with Ashlee and her little son. The couple even went for a double date with Jessica and her then-fiance Eric Johnson. Nevertheless, Evan reportedly proposed to Ashlee for marriage in Jan. 2014 while they were on a vacation in Hawaii. She tweeted a photo of her with Evan on Jan. 14, writing: "My baby love and I are ENGAGED!!! Hallelujah Hawaii !!!!!"
Evan earlier spoke to E! News regarding his marriage plans with Ashlee. It was weeks before he got engaged with Ashlee in March. He indicated that the marriage could happen anytime soon. "Honestly, we could go and get married right now, wherever," he said, ""We just want to be married. We're in love. This is the most incredible time I could ever think of in my life and I'm young, but the same time, I've lived a different life than most and I can't think of a happier moment." Ashlee later posted an image of her engagement party on Mar. 27 and declared that she would be "getting married."
It was in June 11 when Ashlee posted her last tweet yet. She posted an image of her with her son and the Skylanders Trap Team. She apparently had a lot of fun "with the boys."
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]