Kristen Stewart Talks High Fashion, Gushes About Karl Lagerfeld As He Makes Her Look A Hundred Times Cooler
By Annie Dee | August 31, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Kristen Stewart may not look like someone who understands high fashion, always preferring to be in her usual casual style, wearing shirts and grungy chucks, but she was not entrusted with a Chanel campaign, without a reason. Kristen Stewart admits that even though she's not inclined towards designer clothing, she adores both Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld because of how unpretentious they are, contrary to what one would expect from the big names in the fashion industry.
Actress Kristen Stewart arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
After her work in the Balenciaga's Florabotanica fragrance campaign, Stewart was announced as the face of Chanel's Métiers d'Art Paris-Dallas collection, last year, allowing her to work closely with Chanel house's leading man, Karl Lagerfeld.
Speaking about how she feels about working with Chanel, Kristen Stewart said to Vanity Fair France she was genuinely surprised because of the people behind Chanel. The star said that the people working there are unpretentious, and believes that this may be the reason why she was asked to work with the brand.
"I got to know the family over at Chanel, which it very much is. I'm saying this not in the PR way. You would expect them to be the most haughty, pretentious group of people, but really they're a family. Their system is quiet and very unassuming. I had gotten close to these [girls who work there]. They were thinking who could represent this more Americana based line that [Lagerfeld was designing for the Métiers d'Art de Chanel collection, first shown in Dallas for 2014 pre-fall]. They were like, "Dude, how about her?" the "Twilight" star said to Vanity Fair France.
When asked how it was like to work with Karl Lagerfeld, who is an enigmatic personality, the young actress did not hide her adoration and admiration for Karl Lagerfeld. She described the designer and the photographer as a prolific man. She made it sound like Karl Lagerfeld is a magician. Kristen Stewart believes that Karl Lagerfelf changed her looks by just snapping his fingers once.
"He instantly made me look 100 times cooler in one breath. When he was photographing me he'd walk over and just say, "Put your legs down and just relax a little bit and hold the toothpick like this, do this, move your finger up a little." The way he could identify cool was something I had never seen before," the actress said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports