Kristen Stewart Talks High Fashion, Gushes About Karl Lagerfeld As He Makes Her Look A Hundred Times Cooler
By Annie Dee | August 31, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Kristen Stewart may not look like someone who understands high fashion, always preferring to be in her usual casual style, wearing shirts and grungy chucks, but she was not entrusted with a Chanel campaign, without a reason. Kristen Stewart admits that even though she's not inclined towards designer clothing, she adores both Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld because of how unpretentious they are, contrary to what one would expect from the big names in the fashion industry.
Actress Kristen Stewart arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
After her work in the Balenciaga's Florabotanica fragrance campaign, Stewart was announced as the face of Chanel's Métiers d'Art Paris-Dallas collection, last year, allowing her to work closely with Chanel house's leading man, Karl Lagerfeld.
Speaking about how she feels about working with Chanel, Kristen Stewart said to Vanity Fair France she was genuinely surprised because of the people behind Chanel. The star said that the people working there are unpretentious, and believes that this may be the reason why she was asked to work with the brand.
"I got to know the family over at Chanel, which it very much is. I'm saying this not in the PR way. You would expect them to be the most haughty, pretentious group of people, but really they're a family. Their system is quiet and very unassuming. I had gotten close to these [girls who work there]. They were thinking who could represent this more Americana based line that [Lagerfeld was designing for the Métiers d'Art de Chanel collection, first shown in Dallas for 2014 pre-fall]. They were like, "Dude, how about her?" the "Twilight" star said to Vanity Fair France.
When asked how it was like to work with Karl Lagerfeld, who is an enigmatic personality, the young actress did not hide her adoration and admiration for Karl Lagerfeld. She described the designer and the photographer as a prolific man. She made it sound like Karl Lagerfeld is a magician. Kristen Stewart believes that Karl Lagerfelf changed her looks by just snapping his fingers once.
"He instantly made me look 100 times cooler in one breath. When he was photographing me he'd walk over and just say, "Put your legs down and just relax a little bit and hold the toothpick like this, do this, move your finger up a little." The way he could identify cool was something I had never seen before," the actress said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate