Kristen Stewart Talks High Fashion, Gushes About Karl Lagerfeld As He Makes Her Look A Hundred Times Cooler
By Annie Dee | August 31, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Kristen Stewart may not look like someone who understands high fashion, always preferring to be in her usual casual style, wearing shirts and grungy chucks, but she was not entrusted with a Chanel campaign, without a reason. Kristen Stewart admits that even though she's not inclined towards designer clothing, she adores both Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld because of how unpretentious they are, contrary to what one would expect from the big names in the fashion industry.
Actress Kristen Stewart arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
After her work in the Balenciaga's Florabotanica fragrance campaign, Stewart was announced as the face of Chanel's Métiers d'Art Paris-Dallas collection, last year, allowing her to work closely with Chanel house's leading man, Karl Lagerfeld.
Speaking about how she feels about working with Chanel, Kristen Stewart said to Vanity Fair France she was genuinely surprised because of the people behind Chanel. The star said that the people working there are unpretentious, and believes that this may be the reason why she was asked to work with the brand.
"I got to know the family over at Chanel, which it very much is. I'm saying this not in the PR way. You would expect them to be the most haughty, pretentious group of people, but really they're a family. Their system is quiet and very unassuming. I had gotten close to these [girls who work there]. They were thinking who could represent this more Americana based line that [Lagerfeld was designing for the Métiers d'Art de Chanel collection, first shown in Dallas for 2014 pre-fall]. They were like, "Dude, how about her?" the "Twilight" star said to Vanity Fair France.
When asked how it was like to work with Karl Lagerfeld, who is an enigmatic personality, the young actress did not hide her adoration and admiration for Karl Lagerfeld. She described the designer and the photographer as a prolific man. She made it sound like Karl Lagerfeld is a magician. Kristen Stewart believes that Karl Lagerfelf changed her looks by just snapping his fingers once.
"He instantly made me look 100 times cooler in one breath. When he was photographing me he'd walk over and just say, "Put your legs down and just relax a little bit and hold the toothpick like this, do this, move your finger up a little." The way he could identify cool was something I had never seen before," the actress said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon