Kristen Stewart Talks High Fashion, Gushes About Karl Lagerfeld As He Makes Her Look A Hundred Times Cooler
By Annie Dee | August 31, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Kristen Stewart may not look like someone who understands high fashion, always preferring to be in her usual casual style, wearing shirts and grungy chucks, but she was not entrusted with a Chanel campaign, without a reason. Kristen Stewart admits that even though she's not inclined towards designer clothing, she adores both Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld because of how unpretentious they are, contrary to what one would expect from the big names in the fashion industry.
Actress Kristen Stewart arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
After her work in the Balenciaga's Florabotanica fragrance campaign, Stewart was announced as the face of Chanel's Métiers d'Art Paris-Dallas collection, last year, allowing her to work closely with Chanel house's leading man, Karl Lagerfeld.
Speaking about how she feels about working with Chanel, Kristen Stewart said to Vanity Fair France she was genuinely surprised because of the people behind Chanel. The star said that the people working there are unpretentious, and believes that this may be the reason why she was asked to work with the brand.
"I got to know the family over at Chanel, which it very much is. I'm saying this not in the PR way. You would expect them to be the most haughty, pretentious group of people, but really they're a family. Their system is quiet and very unassuming. I had gotten close to these [girls who work there]. They were thinking who could represent this more Americana based line that [Lagerfeld was designing for the Métiers d'Art de Chanel collection, first shown in Dallas for 2014 pre-fall]. They were like, "Dude, how about her?" the "Twilight" star said to Vanity Fair France.
When asked how it was like to work with Karl Lagerfeld, who is an enigmatic personality, the young actress did not hide her adoration and admiration for Karl Lagerfeld. She described the designer and the photographer as a prolific man. She made it sound like Karl Lagerfeld is a magician. Kristen Stewart believes that Karl Lagerfelf changed her looks by just snapping his fingers once.
"He instantly made me look 100 times cooler in one breath. When he was photographing me he'd walk over and just say, "Put your legs down and just relax a little bit and hold the toothpick like this, do this, move your finger up a little." The way he could identify cool was something I had never seen before," the actress said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid