Chelsea FC: Mourinho Disappointed By Everton's Ploy To Get Diego Costa Booked
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 31, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho could not hide his disappointment with the way his striker, Diego Costa, was treated by Everton after an own goal by Toffees defender Seamus Coleman.
The Brazil-born Spanish international was initially confronted by Tim Howard, followed by other opposing players, after he was seen to have uttered unnecessary words towards Coleman, but the Portuguese mentor insists that the former Atletico Madrid man only displayed "good behaviour" on the pitch.
Everton's goalkeeper Tim Howard (L) argues with Chelsea's Diego Costa after Chelsea scored a goal during their English Premier League soccer match at Goodison Park in Liverpool, northern England August 30, 2014.
"To be chasing cards against a player who once more had good behaviour and was just here to play football is disappointing," said the former Real Madrid boss.
"At the end of the story Diego is maybe the best player in the Premier League in the first three matches and he has two yellow cards - one against Burnley where he didn't simulate, it was a penalty, and one against Everton, when everyone was chasing him to get him in trouble."
"That is disappointing."
Costa was shown a yellow card for committing a foul earlier in the match, and a second booking could have seen him take an early bath change the complexion of the game that was then favouring the west Londoners.
In the end, the
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them