Chelsea FC: Mourinho Disappointed By Everton's Ploy To Get Diego Costa Booked
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 31, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho could not hide his disappointment with the way his striker, Diego Costa, was treated by Everton after an own goal by Toffees defender Seamus Coleman.
The Brazil-born Spanish international was initially confronted by Tim Howard, followed by other opposing players, after he was seen to have uttered unnecessary words towards Coleman, but the Portuguese mentor insists that the former Atletico Madrid man only displayed "good behaviour" on the pitch.
Everton's goalkeeper Tim Howard (L) argues with Chelsea's Diego Costa after Chelsea scored a goal during their English Premier League soccer match at Goodison Park in Liverpool, northern England August 30, 2014.
"To be chasing cards against a player who once more had good behaviour and was just here to play football is disappointing," said the former Real Madrid boss.
"At the end of the story Diego is maybe the best player in the Premier League in the first three matches and he has two yellow cards - one against Burnley where he didn't simulate, it was a penalty, and one against Everton, when everyone was chasing him to get him in trouble."
"That is disappointing."
Costa was shown a yellow card for committing a foul earlier in the match, and a second booking could have seen him take an early bath change the complexion of the game that was then favouring the west Londoners.
In the end, the
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related