Chelsea FC: Mourinho Disappointed By Everton's Ploy To Get Diego Costa Booked
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 31, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho could not hide his disappointment with the way his striker, Diego Costa, was treated by Everton after an own goal by Toffees defender Seamus Coleman.
The Brazil-born Spanish international was initially confronted by Tim Howard, followed by other opposing players, after he was seen to have uttered unnecessary words towards Coleman, but the Portuguese mentor insists that the former Atletico Madrid man only displayed "good behaviour" on the pitch.
Everton's goalkeeper Tim Howard (L) argues with Chelsea's Diego Costa after Chelsea scored a goal during their English Premier League soccer match at Goodison Park in Liverpool, northern England August 30, 2014.
"To be chasing cards against a player who once more had good behaviour and was just here to play football is disappointing," said the former Real Madrid boss.
"At the end of the story Diego is maybe the best player in the Premier League in the first three matches and he has two yellow cards - one against Burnley where he didn't simulate, it was a penalty, and one against Everton, when everyone was chasing him to get him in trouble."
"That is disappointing."
Costa was shown a yellow card for committing a foul earlier in the match, and a second booking could have seen him take an early bath change the complexion of the game that was then favouring the west Londoners.
In the end, the
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy