Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 31, 2014 11:01 AM EST
A man shared a video of his "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" but instead of receiving online praises, angry and appalled comments blasted him. In the video, the man identified as Reggie Stewart dumped a bucket of ice cold water over his head and his 10-month-old granddaughter.
According to a Mirror report, Reggie Stewart posted his "Ice Bucket Challenge" video on Facebook as proof that he completed the online challenge for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's disease. However, the people were shocked to see a 10-month-old baby included in the video.
In the video, Reggie Stewart is seen standing with his granddaughter Aria sitting in her high chair in front of him. Then, the grandfather picked up the grey bucket and dumped the ice cold water over his head with little Aria receiving the impact.
The report further added that the video clip was filmed in Houston and the authorities are now conducting an investigation on the video after receiving a complaint. USA Today reports that the little girl's father, Claude Dalcour, has also gone to the police to report the incident.
Dalcour shared that he was shocked when he saw what his ex-father-in-law did. "You don't do that to an infant. He should know better," Aria's father stated. Claude Dalcour, who confirmed that he is going through a nasty divorce with Aria's mother, further added that everyone he knows were also shocked and appalled with what Aria's grandfather did. Click HERE to watch video.
Thousands of viewers have seen the video as well and they expressed their anger and disgust on social media sites. Most of the comments pointed out that the "Ice Bucket Challenge" could have killed the 10-month-old baby. The report further added that there was one concerned viewer who sent the video link to the Texas Department of Children and Families to do something about it.
However, the agency has not yet confirmed if they are conducting an investigation on the case or taking action. According to a Metro report, the local police are also conducting a welfare check on the 10-month-old baby to determine if she is still in any danger or she was harmed during the "Ice Bucket Challenge." Claude Dalcour insisted that what happened to his daughter is child abuse and it is a big deal to him.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Pregnancy News: Young Boy Reacts To Mom's 'Exasperating' Pregnancy News, Asks Mom To Buy Him Ear Plugs - [READ]
Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu