Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 31, 2014 11:01 AM EST
A man shared a video of his "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" but instead of receiving online praises, angry and appalled comments blasted him. In the video, the man identified as Reggie Stewart dumped a bucket of ice cold water over his head and his 10-month-old granddaughter.
According to a Mirror report, Reggie Stewart posted his "Ice Bucket Challenge" video on Facebook as proof that he completed the online challenge for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's disease. However, the people were shocked to see a 10-month-old baby included in the video.
In the video, Reggie Stewart is seen standing with his granddaughter Aria sitting in her high chair in front of him. Then, the grandfather picked up the grey bucket and dumped the ice cold water over his head with little Aria receiving the impact.
The report further added that the video clip was filmed in Houston and the authorities are now conducting an investigation on the video after receiving a complaint. USA Today reports that the little girl's father, Claude Dalcour, has also gone to the police to report the incident.
Dalcour shared that he was shocked when he saw what his ex-father-in-law did. "You don't do that to an infant. He should know better," Aria's father stated. Claude Dalcour, who confirmed that he is going through a nasty divorce with Aria's mother, further added that everyone he knows were also shocked and appalled with what Aria's grandfather did. Click HERE to watch video.
Thousands of viewers have seen the video as well and they expressed their anger and disgust on social media sites. Most of the comments pointed out that the "Ice Bucket Challenge" could have killed the 10-month-old baby. The report further added that there was one concerned viewer who sent the video link to the Texas Department of Children and Families to do something about it.
However, the agency has not yet confirmed if they are conducting an investigation on the case or taking action. According to a Metro report, the local police are also conducting a welfare check on the 10-month-old baby to determine if she is still in any danger or she was harmed during the "Ice Bucket Challenge." Claude Dalcour insisted that what happened to his daughter is child abuse and it is a big deal to him.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Pregnancy News: Young Boy Reacts To Mom's 'Exasperating' Pregnancy News, Asks Mom To Buy Him Ear Plugs - [READ]
Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date