Transfer News: Warm Welcome Awaits Man Utd Playmaker Shinji Kagawa At Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 31, 2014 2:12 AM EST
A warm welcome awaits Manchester United playmaker Shinji Kagawa at the Signal Iduna Park, should he decide to return to the club that propelled his name to prominence, according to Borussia Dortmund ironman Sebastian Kehl.
Manchester United's Shinji Kagawa runs with ball during their friendly soccer match against Valencia at Old Trafford in Manchester, northern England August 12, 2014.
"Of course we've heard the latest speculation - we don't live on the moon - but we were focusing on the game (against Augsburg)," said Kehl.
"Shinji was a very important factor in our side's successes in 2011 and 2012."
"He delivered some fantastic performances in Dortmund, but unfortunately he's not had such an easy time in Manchester."
The 25-year-old Japanese international left the Bundesliga giants in 2012 after helping them win the domestic league twice during his three-season stint.
However, he is currently struggling for opportunities under Louis van Gaal, only utilised as a substitute against MK Dons in the league cup and has yet to see Premier League action.
"If he were to join us, then he would need to be built back up again, and he would find the surroundings here where he would be welcomed wholeheartedly, both from the fans and from the team," he added.
"He would get all the support he would need to be able to deliver his best performances again."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia