‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 30, 2014 11:21 PM EST
"Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" is a puzzle adventure video game from Capcom and Level-5/Nintendo. It's a crossover game featuring "Professor Layton" from Level-5 and "Ace Attorney" from Capcom. It was first released on Nov. 29, 2012 in Japan. Then, the game was released in Europe on March 28, 2014 and on March 29, 2014 in Australia. On Friday, Aug. 29, 2014, it was released in North America. Read on to learn more about "Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" for Nintendo 3DS.
A man looks at a billboard of Nintendo Co Ltd's new 3DS handheld game console in Chiba, east of Tokyo September 29, 2010. Nintendo Co Ltd said on Wednesday it would launch a 3D-capable version of its DS handheld game console in Japan on Feb. 26 and in the United States in March, missing the crucial year-end shopping season. The new DS, which can be used to play 3D games and watch films in 3D without special glasses, will cost 25,000 yen ($298) in Japan, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said at a launch event.
Nintendo of America tweeted about the official release of the "Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" game on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
"Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" features the characters of Professor Layton, Luke Triton (Layton's apprentice), Phoenix Wright and Wright's assistant Maya Fey who must help each other solve Labyrinthia City's mystery. Players of the Nintendo 3DS game can opt to choose the Adventure style wherein they have to solve puzzles by talking to other characters or exploring the game's environment, or the Witch Trial wherein they have to cross-examine witnesses as Phoenix Wright.
The main plot of the game is about Espella Cantabella's capture and how Layton, Triton, Wright and Fey all get transported to Labyrinthia City by a mysterious book. They have to find out the identity of the Great Witch Bezella and they also have to battle the Story Teller who can write any story and make it real. Along the way they will come across interesting characters including prosecutor Inquisitor Zacharias Barnham and the High Inquisitor Darklaw.
"Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" for Nintendo 3DS has won numerous awards from several publications including Best Crossover Game from Gamespot, Best Story from IGN, Best 3DS Game from Edge and Best Adventure/Puzzle Game from Gamesradar.
Aside from "Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney," the other series in the "Professor Layton" games are "The Last Specter," "The Mansion of the Deathly Mirror," "The Eternal Diva," "The Miracle Mask," "The Azran Legacy," "The Curious Village," "The Diabolical Box," "The Unwound Future," and "Mystery Room."
On the other hand, "Ace Attorney" also has other series of games including "Dai Gyakuten Saiban," "Phoenix Wright," "Justice for All," "Trials and Tribulations," "Investigations: Miles Edgeworth," "Gyakuten Kenji 2," "Apollo Justice" and "Dual Destinies."
For more news about gaming, entertainment, technology, business, technology, finance, economics, politics, science and health, keep reading International Business Times.
Nintendo 3DS - Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Launch Trailer:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?