Premier League: Tottenham Boss Pochettino Looking To Win Against Liverpool
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is looking to give last season's runners-up Liverpool a run for their money on Sunday.
The Argentine's brief reign at White Hart Lane has been a success, thus far, as the Spurs are currently occupying the top spot of the Premier League table with two wins, tying Manchester City, Chelsea, and Swansea with 6 points, but are superior on goal difference.
Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp (L) and Tottenham Hotspur's manager Mauricio Pochettino react during their English Premier League soccer match at White Hart Lane in London August 24, 2014.
"We are looking forward to Sunday,"said the former Southampton manager.
"I think it is a great game, a tough game. We are looking forward to it. We will try to win the three points."
"Yes, it is a big test but we need to put in place a mentality to get three points. We need this mentality for Sunday like we had in the last games."
Meanwhile, the Reds are looking to bounce back, coming off a 3-1 defeat in the hands of holders Manchester City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage