Premier League: Tottenham Boss Pochettino Looking To Win Against Liverpool
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 11:08 PM EST
Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is looking to give last season's runners-up Liverpool a run for their money on Sunday.
The Argentine's brief reign at White Hart Lane has been a success, thus far, as the Spurs are currently occupying the top spot of the Premier League table with two wins, tying Manchester City, Chelsea, and Swansea with 6 points, but are superior on goal difference.
Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp (L) and Tottenham Hotspur's manager Mauricio Pochettino react during their English Premier League soccer match at White Hart Lane in London August 24, 2014.
"We are looking forward to Sunday,"said the former Southampton manager.
"I think it is a great game, a tough game. We are looking forward to it. We will try to win the three points."
"Yes, it is a big test but we need to put in place a mentality to get three points. We need this mentality for Sunday like we had in the last games."
Meanwhile, the Reds are looking to bounce back, coming off a 3-1 defeat in the hands of holders Manchester City.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?