Family of Accidentally Killed Arizona Shooting Range Instructor Charles Vacca Feels Sorry For 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl
By Jenalyn Villamarin | August 30, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The accidental death of Charles Vacca, an Arizona shooting range instructor, had several people expressing anger and criticizing the 9-year-old Uzi girl as well as her parents on social media. However, the victim's family had a different reaction and admitted that they do not have ill feelings toward the little girl and her parents.
Anamarie, Charles Vacca's ex-wife, shared that she and the kids really feel sorry for the little girl to the point that they want to write a letter to comfort the 9-year-old girl. "That's truly how we feel," Anamarie stated to The Associated Press through a phone call.
According to a CBS News report, Charles Vacca was teaching the girl how to use the automatic weapon when she lost control of the Uzi gun and shot the shooting range instructor in the head with one bullet. The accidental shooting incident happened at the Last Stop range in White Hills, Arizon on Monday, Aug. 25.
Ashley, Vacca's 19-year-old daughter, stated in an interview with NBC's "Today" show that her family knows that what happened was a tragic accident and it is something that she will have to live with. However, the teenager wanted the prayers to go to the little and her family.
"Our thoughts and our prayers are with them. We don't want their life to revolve around this," Ashley explained in an NBC News report. Anamarie admitted it will be hard for them to adjust to losing Charles for he was a good person and father.
Tyler, Charles' 14-year-old son described his dad as a fun person to be around with. "We used to wrestle with him all the time," the teenage boy recounted. The report further confirmed that prosecutors will not file charges to the girl, whose identity has not been released.
When asked if children are allowed to fire a gun provided they are supervised, Dan Gross from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence firmly answered no. "I think most sane people would net out that it does not make sense to have a 9-year-old having access like that to a machine gun," Gross stated.
Spokeswoman Rachel Brockway of the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health confirmed that the safety agency is conducting their investigation on the shooting-range death. However, the spokeswoman declined to give the specific details on their investigation.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Pregnancy News: Young Boy Reacts To Mom's 'Exasperating' Pregnancy News, Asks Mom To Buy Him Ear Plugs - [READ]
Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction - [READ]
Viral Back-To-School Video: Holderness Family Of '#Xmas Jammies' Video Back with 'Baby Got Class' Parody - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS