Destination Of Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Wedding Now Revealed
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 8:25 PM EST
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who are undoubtedly considered as one of the most popular couples, have started a new chapter in their lives by finally having their much awaited wedding. The couple tied the knot in a quiet ceremony attended by few close family members and friends.
Brangelina chose a small chapel for their wedding, file photo, Reuters, Adrees Latif.
'Brangelina', which is the famous moniker for the two, is one of the most high profile couples in Hollywood. The couple was expected to opt for some star glitzy event at some exotic location with all the A-rated celebrities in their guest list. As per Mirror online, rumours were also floating about the plans of their wedding at Disneyland after Angelina joked that she would rather prefer a silly ceremony.
Instead choosing from a plethora of lavish locations, the couple chose the chateau Miraval in France. It is a small chapel situated at their property in Var found in the south of France. The property is spread across 1000 acres with a lush green serene ambience. The estate, which is owned and maintained by the couple, has 35 rooms in the main house, an ancient chapel and a vineyard.
The property is owned by both Pitt and Jolie since 2011. The chateau, which housed the witnesses to this star wedding, is very small and remotely situated. However, its ambience has made it an absolutely perfect place for the renowned couple to hold their most important day.
As reported by E!news, the chapel, big enough to hold only 20 people at a time, has a history of its own. It was built in 1200s and was restored again in 1880. The couple bought the estate from the previous owner Tom Bove. He started leasing the property to the couple in 2008 before they eventually bought it.
Jolie and Pitt met each other on the set of the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" in 2005. It was then deemed as an extremely controversial, which involved a love triangle with Jennifer Aniston. During the filming of the movie, Pitt was still married to Aniston, which resulted in infidelity rumours. Pitt and Aniston ended their marriage following this issue.
The media soon dubbed the new couple as 'Brangelina', which immediately struck a note with their fans. Both stars are outstanding actors and professionals in their respective fields. Pitt has received many accolades in his career, which include three Oscar nominations and an Academy Award as a producer.
Jolie has always been a high profile and talented actress. In recent years, she has been acknowledged more for her humanitarian work. She is also a Goodwill Ambassador United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees since April 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks