Destination Of Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Wedding Now Revealed
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 8:25 PM EST
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who are undoubtedly considered as one of the most popular couples, have started a new chapter in their lives by finally having their much awaited wedding. The couple tied the knot in a quiet ceremony attended by few close family members and friends.
Brangelina chose a small chapel for their wedding, file photo, Reuters, Adrees Latif.
'Brangelina', which is the famous moniker for the two, is one of the most high profile couples in Hollywood. The couple was expected to opt for some star glitzy event at some exotic location with all the A-rated celebrities in their guest list. As per Mirror online, rumours were also floating about the plans of their wedding at Disneyland after Angelina joked that she would rather prefer a silly ceremony.
Instead choosing from a plethora of lavish locations, the couple chose the chateau Miraval in France. It is a small chapel situated at their property in Var found in the south of France. The property is spread across 1000 acres with a lush green serene ambience. The estate, which is owned and maintained by the couple, has 35 rooms in the main house, an ancient chapel and a vineyard.
The property is owned by both Pitt and Jolie since 2011. The chateau, which housed the witnesses to this star wedding, is very small and remotely situated. However, its ambience has made it an absolutely perfect place for the renowned couple to hold their most important day.
As reported by E!news, the chapel, big enough to hold only 20 people at a time, has a history of its own. It was built in 1200s and was restored again in 1880. The couple bought the estate from the previous owner Tom Bove. He started leasing the property to the couple in 2008 before they eventually bought it.
Jolie and Pitt met each other on the set of the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" in 2005. It was then deemed as an extremely controversial, which involved a love triangle with Jennifer Aniston. During the filming of the movie, Pitt was still married to Aniston, which resulted in infidelity rumours. Pitt and Aniston ended their marriage following this issue.
The media soon dubbed the new couple as 'Brangelina', which immediately struck a note with their fans. Both stars are outstanding actors and professionals in their respective fields. Pitt has received many accolades in his career, which include three Oscar nominations and an Academy Award as a producer.
Jolie has always been a high profile and talented actress. In recent years, she has been acknowledged more for her humanitarian work. She is also a Goodwill Ambassador United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees since April 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date