Sting Opens His Farm For Outsiders, But Denies His Children Any Of His Earning
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 8:15 PM EST
Sting is inviting tourists at a cost of £200 a day to visit his farms. They can help in picking grapes and olives while enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.
Sting would not be leaving much to his children.He wants them to earn their money themselves. Reuters, 2007 file photo,REUTERS/MICHAELA REHLE
Sting has opened his farms in Tuscany called Il Palagio for visitors to experience the place for a day or opt for a multi-day experience. The experience will include a picnic, working in the fields alongside local farmers, wine and oil tasting expeditions, a Tuscan barbecue and horseback riding classes.
The property spreads across 900 acres and estimated to be approximately a 45-minute drive outside Florence. It has been owned by Sting and his wife Trudie Styler since 1999. It is a certified organic farm, which is used for cultivating grapes and olives. Its history dates back to the mid-16th century.
The couple loves to spend most of their time in this property, particularly due to Styler's passion for farming. This is the first time they have decided to open their farm to outsiders.
As per Daily Mail, the couple had opened their vast estate in Tuscany for weddings and other private parties last year.
However, despite his massive success and indubitably high earnings, the 62-year-old English legendary musician and philanthropist has made it pretty clear in June this year that all his children have to earn their own livelihood. Sting said that his kids should not expect to get anything from his £180 million earnings.
In a candid interview to Sunday Event Magazine, the singer clarified that he expected his children to work hard and also hinted that there would not be much left to inherit anyways. "I told them there won't be much money left because we are spending it! We have a lot of commitments," said the Newcastle born legend. "What comes in, we spend, and there isn't much left," he further explained.
Sting, who has been running the farm selling honey, olive oil, wine, fruit and vegetables, has around 100 people working for him. The couple has now come up with a new package deal for tourists looking for some break from their mundane work routines.
A recipient of several accolades, such as 16 Grammy Awards, three Brit Awards, a Golden Globe and a Emmy Award, Sting has sold over 100 million records. His latest work, which was released in September 2013, is his 11th studio album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS