Miley Cyrus Is Heading Australia For iHeartRadio Music Festival This October
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Miley Cyrus will soon be hitting the Australia concert scene. Following its success in Las Vegas last year, iHeartRadio is organizing a music festival in Australia and it is official that the twerking star will be headlining the said event.
Miley Cyrus will be a part of iHeartRadio music festival., file photo, Reuter/Olivia Harris
The single-day show of iHeartRadio Festival will debut on October 18 at Sydney. It will be organized in Allphones Arena, which has a massive seating capacity of more than 20,000 people. The evening will feature other great artists as well like Redfoo (X-Factor Australia judge), Australian Rockgroup 'At Sunset', Sydney-based rapper Miracle and the DJ called The Faders. More artists are expected to join the list for the glittering evening soon.
Miley also has the Australian leg of her Bangerz tour scheduled this October. The tour will start in Melbourne on October 10, then travel to Brisbane on October 15, Sydney on October 17, Adelaide on October 20 and conclude in Perth on October 23. The tickets will be available for sale from September 4 at ticketek.com.au. Fans who are already registered with iHeartRadio will have better chances to bag these tickets.
Miley's latest album 'Bangerz' is topping the charts everywhere. In Australia, the album has been a huge success with some chartbusting singles, such as 'Wrecking Ball' and 'We Can't Stop.' Her tour, which commenced in the US, has been a massive success thus far, especially because of her absolutely brilliant performances.
As per Daily mail, Miley is also equally looking forward to her upcoming performance in Australia. She was live on air with radio hosts Kylie and Jackie O, following the big announcement. "Are you guys throwing me a party or what?" she asked Kyle and Jackie O in their chat with the pop star.
The radio hosts suggested that they can definitely plan an exclusive harbour party for her once she reaches Australia. "The harbour sounds nice," Miley said. "Look. if it's a party I'm there," she added.
This October is going to be one of the most exciting times for all Australian fans who have always wanted to be in a live show with the one of the greatest pop stars of today.
Other big musical stars are also going to perform at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Redfoo is an equally popular name in the music industry, boasting of a couple of Grammy nominations and six Billboard Music Awards under his belt. 'AT Sunset' is an Australia-based band, which is already a Youtube sensation. Emerging rapper Miracle is a reputed name in hip-hop music internationally as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’