Miley Cyrus Is Heading Australia For iHeartRadio Music Festival This October
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Miley Cyrus will soon be hitting the Australia concert scene. Following its success in Las Vegas last year, iHeartRadio is organizing a music festival in Australia and it is official that the twerking star will be headlining the said event.
Miley Cyrus will be a part of iHeartRadio music festival., file photo, Reuter/Olivia Harris
The single-day show of iHeartRadio Festival will debut on October 18 at Sydney. It will be organized in Allphones Arena, which has a massive seating capacity of more than 20,000 people. The evening will feature other great artists as well like Redfoo (X-Factor Australia judge), Australian Rockgroup 'At Sunset', Sydney-based rapper Miracle and the DJ called The Faders. More artists are expected to join the list for the glittering evening soon.
Miley also has the Australian leg of her Bangerz tour scheduled this October. The tour will start in Melbourne on October 10, then travel to Brisbane on October 15, Sydney on October 17, Adelaide on October 20 and conclude in Perth on October 23. The tickets will be available for sale from September 4 at ticketek.com.au. Fans who are already registered with iHeartRadio will have better chances to bag these tickets.
Miley's latest album 'Bangerz' is topping the charts everywhere. In Australia, the album has been a huge success with some chartbusting singles, such as 'Wrecking Ball' and 'We Can't Stop.' Her tour, which commenced in the US, has been a massive success thus far, especially because of her absolutely brilliant performances.
As per Daily mail, Miley is also equally looking forward to her upcoming performance in Australia. She was live on air with radio hosts Kylie and Jackie O, following the big announcement. "Are you guys throwing me a party or what?" she asked Kyle and Jackie O in their chat with the pop star.
The radio hosts suggested that they can definitely plan an exclusive harbour party for her once she reaches Australia. "The harbour sounds nice," Miley said. "Look. if it's a party I'm there," she added.
This October is going to be one of the most exciting times for all Australian fans who have always wanted to be in a live show with the one of the greatest pop stars of today.
Other big musical stars are also going to perform at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Redfoo is an equally popular name in the music industry, boasting of a couple of Grammy nominations and six Billboard Music Awards under his belt. 'AT Sunset' is an Australia-based band, which is already a Youtube sensation. Emerging rapper Miracle is a reputed name in hip-hop music internationally as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional