Sonia Kruger Expecting A Baby Girl Through IVF By February
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 6:13 PM EST
Sonia Kruger has recently opened up about her pregnancy journey and experiences. The star is definitely very excited about her pregnancy as it has come after several heartbreaking failures.
TV Star Sonia Kruger also opted for IVF for a successful pregnancy. File photo, Reuters/Mario Anzuoni
The Australian TV presenter recently claimed in a candid interview with The Australian's Women Weekly that she has earlier faced several failed IVF attempts, as well as numerous miscarriages, before her present pregnancy.
The 49-year-old media personality revealed recently that she and Craig McPherson are expecting their first child together. Kruger, who turned 49 recently, admitted that they were trying for the baby through natural ways, as well as through IVF in the last several years.
On a show named 'A Current Affair' with Leila McKinnon, the TV personality revealed some more details about her pregnancy. The egg has been donated by one of her very close friends. This procedure has eventually made the pregnancy possible. "The egg came from a very good friend of mine," the TV star shared. "We were having a conversation about it one day and she knew that I had struggled", Kruger stated. She then added, "Look it'd all be fine if you would just give me one of your eggs!"
After the advice from her doctors, Kruger has taken this decision of opting for an egg donor. "At my first round of IVF at 45, my doctor said my chances of success using my own eggs were virtually zero," she revealed on the show.
This pregnancy means a lot to her as she has experienced a series of miscarriages earlier in her life .The identity of the lady who donated her eggs is still kept under wraps.
The star announced earlier on Twitter that she is almost 16 weeks pregnant with her partner of five years. The star now declared on the same show that she is actually expecting a baby girl, who is due in next February.
Best known for her charming skills as a co-host of the Australian version of the show 'Dancing with the Stars', Kruger is currently hosting the ninth season of Big Brother show.
Few other stars who opted for IVF after medical advice are Halle Berry,Celine Dion and Courteney Cox, as per ivillage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS