Destiny's Child Is Set For A Possible Reunion
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Here is some good news for Destiny's Child's fans. Speculations are ripe that the group may reunite once again.
This piece of news is confirmed by none other than the band's manager, who is also Beyoncé's father, Mathew Knowles. He has hinted quite clearly that the group may reunite by next year.
REUTERS/Fred Prouser (UNITED S
The band manager has hinted that trio may unite once again.file photo,REUTERS/Fred Prouser (UNITED STATES)
As per the Mail Online, the group members Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams are preparing themselves for a tour, which is planned to take place next year. The 63-year-old music executive spoke on a Houston radio show about the chances of an upcoming show by the band. "When you see Destiny's Child on TV and you see them doing songs together slowly, slowly - now they've done two, they were recently on TV", said Beyoncé's father. "I don't know, it might be another Destiny's Child album coming."
Knowles confirmed that he is still the manager of the band. However, he was dropped as Beyoncé's solo manager in 2011. The latter decision was said to be based on purely business considerations. He asserts that he is still very close to her daughter as opposed to rumours claiming that they have some personal issues between them.
Destiny's Child is the R&B girl group that rose to fame in the 1990s. Billboard had once declared the band to be one of the greatest musical trios of all time. It has sold more than 60 million records worldwide till date. The band had churned out some really good songs, such as Survivor, Lose My Breath, No No No and Emotion.
The group's fourth album 'Destiny Fulfilled' was the last album released by the trio together. The band announced their official break-up quite abruptly in 2005 at a show in Spain. They finally parted ways in 2006.
At present, Beyoncé has a two-year-old daughter while Kelly Rowland is expecting her first child with her husband Tim Witherspoon. The divas of R&B were last seen together at the 2013 New Orleans Superbowl when Beyoncé was joined on stage by Kelly and Michelle. They sang some of their beautiful numbers, such as Bootylicious and Independent Woman, to a packed stadium of cheerful fans.
Going by that response, the news of their possible reunion will definitely be welcomed by music lovers from all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage