Destiny's Child Is Set For A Possible Reunion
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Here is some good news for Destiny's Child's fans. Speculations are ripe that the group may reunite once again.
This piece of news is confirmed by none other than the band's manager, who is also Beyoncé's father, Mathew Knowles. He has hinted quite clearly that the group may reunite by next year.
REUTERS/Fred Prouser (UNITED S
The band manager has hinted that trio may unite once again.file photo,REUTERS/Fred Prouser (UNITED STATES)
As per the Mail Online, the group members Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams are preparing themselves for a tour, which is planned to take place next year. The 63-year-old music executive spoke on a Houston radio show about the chances of an upcoming show by the band. "When you see Destiny's Child on TV and you see them doing songs together slowly, slowly - now they've done two, they were recently on TV", said Beyoncé's father. "I don't know, it might be another Destiny's Child album coming."
Knowles confirmed that he is still the manager of the band. However, he was dropped as Beyoncé's solo manager in 2011. The latter decision was said to be based on purely business considerations. He asserts that he is still very close to her daughter as opposed to rumours claiming that they have some personal issues between them.
Destiny's Child is the R&B girl group that rose to fame in the 1990s. Billboard had once declared the band to be one of the greatest musical trios of all time. It has sold more than 60 million records worldwide till date. The band had churned out some really good songs, such as Survivor, Lose My Breath, No No No and Emotion.
The group's fourth album 'Destiny Fulfilled' was the last album released by the trio together. The band announced their official break-up quite abruptly in 2005 at a show in Spain. They finally parted ways in 2006.
At present, Beyoncé has a two-year-old daughter while Kelly Rowland is expecting her first child with her husband Tim Witherspoon. The divas of R&B were last seen together at the 2013 New Orleans Superbowl when Beyoncé was joined on stage by Kelly and Michelle. They sang some of their beautiful numbers, such as Bootylicious and Independent Woman, to a packed stadium of cheerful fans.
Going by that response, the news of their possible reunion will definitely be welcomed by music lovers from all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’