Destiny's Child Is Set For A Possible Reunion
By Pooja Bhagat | August 30, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Here is some good news for Destiny's Child's fans. Speculations are ripe that the group may reunite once again.
This piece of news is confirmed by none other than the band's manager, who is also Beyoncé's father, Mathew Knowles. He has hinted quite clearly that the group may reunite by next year.
REUTERS/Fred Prouser (UNITED S
The band manager has hinted that trio may unite once again.file photo,REUTERS/Fred Prouser (UNITED STATES)
As per the Mail Online, the group members Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams are preparing themselves for a tour, which is planned to take place next year. The 63-year-old music executive spoke on a Houston radio show about the chances of an upcoming show by the band. "When you see Destiny's Child on TV and you see them doing songs together slowly, slowly - now they've done two, they were recently on TV", said Beyoncé's father. "I don't know, it might be another Destiny's Child album coming."
Knowles confirmed that he is still the manager of the band. However, he was dropped as Beyoncé's solo manager in 2011. The latter decision was said to be based on purely business considerations. He asserts that he is still very close to her daughter as opposed to rumours claiming that they have some personal issues between them.
Destiny's Child is the R&B girl group that rose to fame in the 1990s. Billboard had once declared the band to be one of the greatest musical trios of all time. It has sold more than 60 million records worldwide till date. The band had churned out some really good songs, such as Survivor, Lose My Breath, No No No and Emotion.
The group's fourth album 'Destiny Fulfilled' was the last album released by the trio together. The band announced their official break-up quite abruptly in 2005 at a show in Spain. They finally parted ways in 2006.
At present, Beyoncé has a two-year-old daughter while Kelly Rowland is expecting her first child with her husband Tim Witherspoon. The divas of R&B were last seen together at the 2013 New Orleans Superbowl when Beyoncé was joined on stage by Kelly and Michelle. They sang some of their beautiful numbers, such as Bootylicious and Independent Woman, to a packed stadium of cheerful fans.
Going by that response, the news of their possible reunion will definitely be welcomed by music lovers from all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists