Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 5:32 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger declined to categorically answer questions that involved AS Monaco's Radamel Falcao and Paris Saint-Germain's Adrien Rabiot, as the transfer window nears its closing.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao (R) celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The two have been heavily linked to make a move to north London, with the Colombian seen to lead the line, if not provide an alternative in lieu of Olivier Giroud, while the PSG starlet will be the long-term solution to Wenger's holding midfield problems.
"It's very difficult to go into all that. Once again all the negotiations have to be as secret as possible and if we sign somebody, even if we sign Falcao, you will be informed," the 64-year-old spoke of Falcao.
With Giroud and defensive midfielder Mikel Arteta out with injuries, making an acquisition is definitely considered by the Frenchman.
"I think you do it when you think it strengthens your squad of course [if] you find the right player you want to do it," he added.
"But we want to do it in the right way."
The former Monaco manager had gained reputation of keeping his business dealings discreet, which was put on display when he was asked to comment on the 19-year-old Rabiot.
"I just put one answer: I don't tell you," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia