Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 5:32 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger declined to categorically answer questions that involved AS Monaco's Radamel Falcao and Paris Saint-Germain's Adrien Rabiot, as the transfer window nears its closing.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao (R) celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The two have been heavily linked to make a move to north London, with the Colombian seen to lead the line, if not provide an alternative in lieu of Olivier Giroud, while the PSG starlet will be the long-term solution to Wenger's holding midfield problems.
"It's very difficult to go into all that. Once again all the negotiations have to be as secret as possible and if we sign somebody, even if we sign Falcao, you will be informed," the 64-year-old spoke of Falcao.
With Giroud and defensive midfielder Mikel Arteta out with injuries, making an acquisition is definitely considered by the Frenchman.
"I think you do it when you think it strengthens your squad of course [if] you find the right player you want to do it," he added.
"But we want to do it in the right way."
The former Monaco manager had gained reputation of keeping his business dealings discreet, which was put on display when he was asked to comment on the 19-year-old Rabiot.
"I just put one answer: I don't tell you," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar