Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 5:32 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger declined to categorically answer questions that involved AS Monaco's Radamel Falcao and Paris Saint-Germain's Adrien Rabiot, as the transfer window nears its closing.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao (R) celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The two have been heavily linked to make a move to north London, with the Colombian seen to lead the line, if not provide an alternative in lieu of Olivier Giroud, while the PSG starlet will be the long-term solution to Wenger's holding midfield problems.
"It's very difficult to go into all that. Once again all the negotiations have to be as secret as possible and if we sign somebody, even if we sign Falcao, you will be informed," the 64-year-old spoke of Falcao.
With Giroud and defensive midfielder Mikel Arteta out with injuries, making an acquisition is definitely considered by the Frenchman.
"I think you do it when you think it strengthens your squad of course [if] you find the right player you want to do it," he added.
"But we want to do it in the right way."
The former Monaco manager had gained reputation of keeping his business dealings discreet, which was put on display when he was asked to comment on the 19-year-old Rabiot.
"I just put one answer: I don't tell you," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop