Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 5:32 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger declined to categorically answer questions that involved AS Monaco's Radamel Falcao and Paris Saint-Germain's Adrien Rabiot, as the transfer window nears its closing.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao (R) celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The two have been heavily linked to make a move to north London, with the Colombian seen to lead the line, if not provide an alternative in lieu of Olivier Giroud, while the PSG starlet will be the long-term solution to Wenger's holding midfield problems.
"It's very difficult to go into all that. Once again all the negotiations have to be as secret as possible and if we sign somebody, even if we sign Falcao, you will be informed," the 64-year-old spoke of Falcao.
With Giroud and defensive midfielder Mikel Arteta out with injuries, making an acquisition is definitely considered by the Frenchman.
"I think you do it when you think it strengthens your squad of course [if] you find the right player you want to do it," he added.
"But we want to do it in the right way."
The former Monaco manager had gained reputation of keeping his business dealings discreet, which was put on display when he was asked to comment on the 19-year-old Rabiot.
"I just put one answer: I don't tell you," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?