Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 4:22 PM EST
Arsnenal manager Arsene Wenger is not closing his doors in signing a striker before the transfer window closes on the midnight of September 1.
Rumours started to circulate after first-choice hitman Olivier Giroud went down with an ankle injury that will keep him on the sidelines for about four months.
Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger reacts during their English Premier League soccer match against Crystal Palace at the Emirates stadium in London August 16, 2014.
"I will be actively involved on the final day of the window and I will be on alert until the last minute of transfer deadline day,"said the 64-year-old tactician.
"Many clubs are on the market and everybody knows each other. The last few days are a poker game."
However, he disclosed that money will only be spent for a deserving target, reiterating numerous attacking options at his disposal.
"If I give you the number of strikers I have at the moment, it's absolutely unbelievable," he added.
"We have (Yaya) Sanogo, (Alexis) Sanchez, we have (Theo) Walcott, we have (Lukas) Podolski, we have Giroud who will come back during the season and I forget maybe one or two. (Joel) Campbell can play centre forward as well."
"I think you do it when you think it strengthens your squad. If you find the right player you want to do it."
"We have shown in the last two seasons, when we think money has to be spent we do it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect