Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 30, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has been handed out to Italian giants AC Milan on a two-year loan deal.
The move is perceived to be a measure by the west London outfit to cut down on losses, particularly, on the misfiring striker, who is on a £175,000 reported weekly wages.
Chelsea's Fernando Torres fights for the ball with Arnold Kruiswijk of Vitesse Arnhem during their friendly soccer match in Arnhem July 30, 2014.
The Spanish international failed to live up to his billing since moving from Liverpool in January 2011 for £50million.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho was, however, keen on keeping "El Niño," as the latter had won the Portuguese mentor's empathy by being professional and working hard.
"I've believed for a long time that the squad is closed," said the Special One.
"We have our squad. We like our squad."
"It's not the perfect one, because no squad is perfect, but it's one we like."
"If he wants to leave, it's because he wants to try a new life, a new club, probably a new league."
"To try to be happier than he was in the last couple of years."
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones