September 19 Release Date May Feature Two 5.5-inch iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s, Apple Confirms Event
By Precious Silva | August 30, 2014 3:22 PM EST
September marks the busiest and the biggest month for Apple. According to reports, the tech giant plans on unveiling the iPhone 6 along with other products this September 9. Whereas it has only been a speculation before, it appears Apple has issued a confirmation telling the market to watch out for the said date. Another leak also suggests that there Apple may be gearing up to release two iPhone 6L or phablet versions apart from the 4.7-inch variant. What can people expect?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
According to Forbes, French tech blog iGen.fr, leaked a number of screen shots showing product and design specifications of the upcoming iPhone 6. The report did note that the photos look like they have been captured from a computer screen. As with every other iPhone leak, this should be taken with a grain of salt.
Gordon Kelly did point out that there may be some value to the leaked photos. Forbes noted that many people appear to agree as well. The third screen shot proved to be the most interesting as it featured three "supposed" iPhone 6 models compared to the two often reported. The picture showed three models namely N56, N61 and N51. The N51 corresponds to the 4-inch model, the N61 corresponds to the 4.7-inch and the N56 corresponds to the 5.5-inch. The larger variant went by a lower number. It may not mean as much but it may also be about the design conceptualization of the devices. The N56 also shows two prototype versions. The features are slightly different. The first prototype measures .07mm x .67mm x .1mm. It is thinner, narrower and shorter than the second prototype. It is also 20grams lighter compared to the other model.
Apple has not clarified the final details of the iPhone 6. Nonetheless, TIME reported that the tech giant has already confirmed the September 9 event. The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg cited sources familiar to the production that the much awaited flagship. Apple's event will be held 10 a.m. Pacific Time in Cupertino, California. The company's invite also bore the words: "We wish we could say more."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change