Angelina Jolie's Father Happy To Be Brad Pitt's Father-In-Law
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Angelina Jolie's father, Jon Voight, does not seem to be bothered about not getting an invitation to her daughter's secret wedding to Brad Pitt in France. The long-time couple tied the knot on Saturday and surprised everyone, beside the 22 guests who were present during the ceremony. Angelina's father is also Included in the list of those who were not invited and ended up surprised when the wedding new surfaced. However, Jon is not holding a grudge and says that he's happy that he can call Brad Pitt his son-in-law.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive for a special Maleficent Costume Display at Kensington Palace in London May 8, 2014. "Maleficent" is the upcoming Disney film starring Jolie and Kensington Palace is the official residence of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
Jon says that he cannot pick anything sad about the surprised wedding of her daughter and Brad Pitt, especially as this will make the couple's six children happy. Receiving no invitation is not worth being grouchy about if he can now legitimately call Brad Pitt his son-in law.
"I'm very happy that I can now legitimately call him my son-in-law, this wonderful fellow who I love, and that they're very happy," "Midnight Cowboy" star said to "Good Morning Britain" on Friday. "The kids must have had a wonderful time at the wedding because they all had their things to do."
"It must have been very beautiful. I'm very happy for them," he said. Moreover, Jon said that he will see his daughter and the rest of the family as soon as it's possible. He also said that this will be a happy and exciting reunion.
Jon may have to wait until Angelina's busy schedule gets cleared. Unlike other new brides, Angelina Jolie is not basking in the glow of wedding bliss. E! Online reports that she is back to work immediately after getting married, filming for a new movie "By The Sea" and is continuing her work as a human rights activist. Angelina shifted public's attention from her wedding to issues in Syria by releasing a statement on behalf of UNHCR.
"Three million refugees is not just another statistic. It is a searing indictment of our collective failure to end the war in Syri. International stability is steadily bleeding away in Syria. UN Security Council Resolutions are being ignored; war crimes are being committed on a daily basis; regional countries are staggering under the human burden; and Syrian refugees are dying in the Mediterranean Sea, trying to reach Europe," she said.
Jolie and Pitt married at Chateau Miraval in France on Saturday, as confirmed by their spokesperson on Thursday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight