Angelina Jolie's Father Happy To Be Brad Pitt's Father-In-Law
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Angelina Jolie's father, Jon Voight, does not seem to be bothered about not getting an invitation to her daughter's secret wedding to Brad Pitt in France. The long-time couple tied the knot on Saturday and surprised everyone, beside the 22 guests who were present during the ceremony. Angelina's father is also Included in the list of those who were not invited and ended up surprised when the wedding new surfaced. However, Jon is not holding a grudge and says that he's happy that he can call Brad Pitt his son-in-law.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive for a special Maleficent Costume Display at Kensington Palace in London May 8, 2014. "Maleficent" is the upcoming Disney film starring Jolie and Kensington Palace is the official residence of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
Jon says that he cannot pick anything sad about the surprised wedding of her daughter and Brad Pitt, especially as this will make the couple's six children happy. Receiving no invitation is not worth being grouchy about if he can now legitimately call Brad Pitt his son-in law.
"I'm very happy that I can now legitimately call him my son-in-law, this wonderful fellow who I love, and that they're very happy," "Midnight Cowboy" star said to "Good Morning Britain" on Friday. "The kids must have had a wonderful time at the wedding because they all had their things to do."
"It must have been very beautiful. I'm very happy for them," he said. Moreover, Jon said that he will see his daughter and the rest of the family as soon as it's possible. He also said that this will be a happy and exciting reunion.
Jon may have to wait until Angelina's busy schedule gets cleared. Unlike other new brides, Angelina Jolie is not basking in the glow of wedding bliss. E! Online reports that she is back to work immediately after getting married, filming for a new movie "By The Sea" and is continuing her work as a human rights activist. Angelina shifted public's attention from her wedding to issues in Syria by releasing a statement on behalf of UNHCR.
"Three million refugees is not just another statistic. It is a searing indictment of our collective failure to end the war in Syri. International stability is steadily bleeding away in Syria. UN Security Council Resolutions are being ignored; war crimes are being committed on a daily basis; regional countries are staggering under the human burden; and Syrian refugees are dying in the Mediterranean Sea, trying to reach Europe," she said.
Jolie and Pitt married at Chateau Miraval in France on Saturday, as confirmed by their spokesperson on Thursday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4