Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
By Erik Pineda | August 30, 2014 1:58 PM EST
It is likely that the iPhone 6 release date on September 19 will happen as reported but Apple fans wanting to flaunt the new smartphone with its iWatch accessory come Christmas 2014 could be in for a bit of disappointment, according to a new report.
The Apple logo is pictured at a retail store in the Marina neighborhood in San Francisco, California April 23, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
"We're unlikely to see (the iWatch) at retail until after the holiday season - think early 2015," John Paczkowski of Recode said in his latest report.
Recall that earlier in the week, Paczkowski broke the news that the first Apple smartwatch will get its grand preview, alongside the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch new iPhones, on September 9. That remains the case but consumers will not immediately get hold of the timepiece. No joy for the holidays, the report said, adding the wearable device "is not shipping anytime soon."
No specific reason was given for the delay in the iWatch commercial debut.
The good news, however, is the iPhone 6 prediction arrival for the third Friday of September this 2014 appears a spot-on so far, which is especially true for the smaller build.
The latest round of leaked components (mostly in high-resolution images) is suggesting that the device has been pretty much finalised.
64-bit A8 processor
The new Sonny Dickson photos pointed out by 9to5Mac showed off the iPhone 6 logic board that effectively revealed and confirmed the rumours that Apple is deploying a 64-bit A8 processing chip with its 2014 flagship. With the CPU in tow, iPhone users are assured of faster and more powerful mobile computing experience with the added benefit of longer operating hours.
Previously, analysts have highlighted the enhanced energy-efficient feature of the A7 replacement and with the expected tweaks packed with iOS 8 the iPhone 6 is only expected to add up a few more hours of power juice in a single charge.
Near-field communication chip is also reported this week as among of the hallmark features to be included with the next iPhone and the same pics from the Australian blogger supported such possibility. Logic board of the device will come installed with an NXP NFC chip labelled NSD425.
NFC technology on the iPhone 6 will allow users to enjoy easier but more secure mobile payment.
Faster LTE radio chip
Also in the same board, the upcoming iPhone refresh is confirmed to have a Qualcomm-made LTE chip that carries the model number MDM9625M. According to MacRumors, the chip upgrade will ensure that iPhone 6 users can access faster LTE network, up to 150mbps, where and when available.
Front and back panel
And to house the inside components are the cover glass and rear shell of the iPhone 6 that Apple Insider claims have been finalised (the images of which are viewable here). Coming from the Chinese web forum Wei Feng, the new set of pictures are aligned with the circulating images that also provided clues on the next iPhone's external build and features plus the colour variants that the device will offer.
The iPhone 6 on its September 19 release date, based on the same information, will come in white and greyish casings, missing only the gold edition that was seen in a separate set of leaked images earlier this week.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change