Beyonce Calls Daughter Blue Ivy Her Muse In A Heartfelt Poem, Hopes For A Better Future
By Annie Dee | August 30, 2014 1:16 PM EST
She can sing and dance and now Beyonce has shown that she can also write. The "XO" singer recently wrote a poem dedicated to her daughter. Beyonce calls Blue Ivy her "biggest muse" in the poem for CR Fashion Book, which also did the first modeling shoot of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's daughter North West.
Beyonce and Jay-Z are the world's highest-paid celebrity couple, according to the latest ranking from Forbes. The couple earned a combined $95 million over the past year.
It is a strong poem that talks about how she feels a deep bond with Chindren and how for her daughter Blue Ivy, she dreams of a day when people do not wish for other's failtures and mean what they say.
"It's my daughter, she's my biggest muse. There's someone, we all find out soon, more important than ourselves to lose," she opens the poem, with these lines. Then shes goes to talk about what children mean to her, especially those who are not fortunate or come from happy homes. She talks of her persona, "Sasha Fierce," and how she uses it onstage and sometimes, even in real life.
In her poem, Beyonce also mentions about the bad experiences she had and being used as a vessel for what is not right. She remembers the controversies that she faced and how she uses God as her anchor.
She ends the poem with a wish that someday Blue Ivy can grow up and live in a world that is better than the current one, where everyone helps each other, instead of pulling the other down and lying to each other.
"Utopias, they don't much interest me. I always mess things up a bit. It's chaos, in part, that helps us see. But for my daughter I dream a day when no one roots for others to fail, when we all mean what we say," she writes.
It is speculated that the heartfelt wish in the poem may have been written because of the joke made about Blue Ivy in BET's music video countdown show "106 & Park." During the show, guest host Karrueche Tran joked about Blue Ivy's hair, saying it does not look "not combed."
Tran has since apologised, profusely, saying she did not write the script and she loves Blue Ivy. BET defended Tran and also apologised publicly to Beyonce and Jay-Z for the incident. One BET producer was suspended over the matter, Mail Online UK reports.
Read the whole poem here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy