Islamic State: ISIS Now In Mexico To Prepare For US Attack; UK Raises Alert Level to ‘Severe’
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 30, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Amid a second video posted by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) on Friday showing the beheading of a Kurdish Peshamar fighter, a report on the same day by Judicial Watch warned that members of the extremist militant group are in Mexico and preparing to attack the US.
An Islamic State militant uses announces to residents of Taqba city that Tabqa air base has fallen to his group
The group is in Ciudad Juarez, located across El Paso in Texas and a known crime-infested narcotics hub, which serves as base of the Islamic jihadists. They plan to use bombs or improvised explosive devices planted in vehicles, the report said.
Judicial Watch reported that intelligence officials have heard radio talk as well as chatter from Islamist terror organisations which are allegedly planning attacks outside the US as the world observes the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attack.
Because of the warning, US federal intelligence officials from different agencies are on alert over reports that terror groups such as ISIS and al Qaeda could be part of the border attack.
Also on Friday, British upgraded the country's terror threat level to "severe" from
"substantial," which means high chances of a terrorist attack on the UK, based on a decision by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Center. Home Secretary Theresa Mays pointed to developments in Iraq and Syria as reasons for the change in threat level.
"We face a real and serious threat in the U.K. from international terrorism. I would urge the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to the police," The New York Post quoted Mays.
She said some of the threats would likely come from British and other European fighters who have traveled to the Middle East to join the jihadists.
British Prime Minister David Cameron also appealed to Britons to help identify terrorist amid growing extremism in the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation